Senior Researcher Electrochemistry
Are you ready to make an impact on the sustainability of the future of the battery market?
As a Researcher within Delft IMP, you play a key role in the planning, execution and analysis of the research work done at our laboratory. You will be part of our research and development team. Together you are responsible for operating and improving our coating equipment and executing experiments.
Job Summary / The role
As a Researcher you will have a crucial role in improving our product.
Focused on quality and with an eye for detail, you are a real problem solver with a pragmatic mindset.
What you will focus on
· Plan, organize, execute and monitor experiments in our laboratories on our Fluidized Bed Reactor.
· Collect and document data and present this to the rest of the team.
· Carry out maintenance of Delft IMP's coating equipment.
· Develop coating strategies for the deposition of nanocoatings in both our lab scale and pilot plant units.
· Write operating procedures.
· Keep the laboratory safe to the highest standards.
At times, you are expected to be the Project Manager (PM) for one of our research projects. As such you will take responsibility for the project plan, report progress, address deviations and propose corrective actions. While aligning your project plan with those other PM’s and their projects.
The role of PM also provides you the opportunity to further develop yourself and implement the lessons learned in each new project.
What we hope you bring
· Minimum Bachelor level in a relevant scientific field, e.g. Chemistry or Chemical engineering.
· Experience in management projects.
· An interest in fine mechanical engineering.
· Fluency in English, both written and oral.
· A ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire to grow Delft IMP together with the team.
As this is a new role in a fast growing organization it will continuously provide you new opportunities to both grow the role and further develop yourself.
What we offer
· 31 days of annual leave (+ Dutch public holidays)
· Competitive salary in line with the market
· Travel allowance
· A full time contract (40 hours / 5 days per week) and we can accommodate a part time contract (32 hours / 4 days per week)
More importantly, we offer an environment where you can make a lot of impact, as you are joining a young and growing start-up.
Location and where we work
Our office is based in Delft, close the Technical University of Delft. We promote a collaborative environment and believe this is enhanced by working together on site. Work is mostly done from our location in Delft, as we are laboratory and lab work cannot be done from home. Our non-lab team members also work from the office. Of course we offer the flexibility to work from home when needed and/or possible.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all the boxes. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.