Finance Transformation Manager (interim)
The Ocean Cleanup
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. Our Finance team supports this effort by providing cash planning, solid controls, smooth administrative processes, reliable reporting to funders, tax compliance, and financial transparency for planning and decision support. We need control but no red tape.
We are looking for an Interim Finance Transformation Manager with the “full suite” of financial expertise and project management that includes experiences in change management to upscale Finance function from a start-up environment to a more established scale-up trajectory. Reporting to the CFO, the right candidate will lead the needed change to support our organization to shape a future-proof Finance function in an efficient and optimized way for a scale-up in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborating with the Finance team and wider teams and stakeholders to build and lead a Finance transformation journey including the following:
- Implementing improvements that lead to increased accuracy and efficiency of our Financial processes, especially our spending processes. Working closely with the finance systems and internal controls to ensure the design and effectiveness of systems, processes, and controls provide a strong and robust environment. Initial assessments have been done with external consultants and wider teams within the organization based on the requests from our Supervisory Board.
- Identifying industry trends and value creation opportunities to maximize the potential of the department and build a “finance team of the future”, creating business partnerships using management and project control mechanisms
- Automating and innovating across the finance spectrum
- Defining the strategy and being accountable for the implementation of the finance change and transformation strategy that leads to an agile Finance function aiming to follow our trajectory of scaling up, including our reporting and the road to developing BI solutions in the future
- Help build our business control processes, including financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes that fit with our high growth organization with high uncertainties, including defining the right key drivers on cash and resource allocation
- Coaching and helping our “young” Finance team to reach the maturity needed
- Hands-on person with hands-on knowledge of finance processes and a great idea of what “excellent” looks like
- Experience in successfully implementing high-profile strategic projects (including system change and implementation), managing multiple projects/deadlines, and multitasking with ease
- Strong financial modeling skills, as well as business and data analysis skills
- Ability to work autonomously with different layers, strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and an ability to communicate/influence/negotiate easily and effectively across stakeholders from team members to executive management
- A positive, collaborative, and engaging approach to working with various stakeholders
- You thrive in a high-paced, international environments
- You are available for 6 months for this interim assignment.
- Proven academic excellence; (Executive) Master’s degree with a financial focus (RA / RC / CA / CPA / CIMA or equivalent)
- A minimum of 8 years of finance experience in a fast-moving, goal-driven organization
- Proficient in English, basic knowledge of Dutch is helpful
- Affinity with engineering, offshore, and/or the Ocean is key.
Curious to hear how it is to work in the finance team of The Ocean Cleanup? Hear Joy Gao, Finance Director, share her experience in this podcast episode.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.