Vacancy – Project Manager
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As SolarDuck’s Project Manager, you will help shape the future of offshore solar energy. This position requires you to improve project management processes, maintain integrated performance databases, and create risk mitigation measures. You will form alliances, manage resources efficiently, and ensure project success while preserving essential stakeholder connections. Ideal candidates have at least 7 years of experience, and excellent communication and problem-solving abilities. You’ll excel in this role if you respect teamwork, pay close attention to detail, and can handle the dynamic environment of a developing business.
- Establish and refine project management processes throughout the lifecycle, ensuring quality and performance standards while assessing risks;
- Actively discover and understand the specific issues within projects and devise effective solutions to address them, ensuring project objectives are met efficiently;
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize project delays and cost overruns.
- Develop and sustain collaborations with third-party vendors and researchers to enhance project capabilities;
- Maintain a positive team environment and ensure smooth project operations, keeping the ‘project engine’ running effectively and efficiently;
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables;
- Report on project developments and potential risks to management, escalating issues as aligned with the project plan;
- Maximize the efficiency and profitability of technical and engineering projects;
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes;
- Coordinate project responsibilities, such as overseeing resource scheduling and ensuring things run according to plan;
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects remain within scope, schedule, and budget, collaborating with staff in various departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus;
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience as a multidisciplinary project manager;
- A keen eye for quality, safety, and risk management;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional
- teams, customers, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational & time management skills to manage multiple projects & deadlines effectively in the dynamic environment of a scale-up
- An attitude that embraces teamwork, recognizing the success of the team as a whole.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Elevate your career and join a team pioneering in offshore solar energy. If you’re driven, experienced in project management, and passionate about renewable energy, SolarDuck is your next big opportunity. Take charge of groundbreaking projects in a dynamic environment and contribute to a sustainable future.
Apply now to be SolarDuck’s new Project Manager and lead the way in offshore solar innovation. Your expertise and vision can help shape the future of energy – be part of this exciting journey!