Vacancy – Communications Manager
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
At SolarDuck we are firm believers that exceptional talent, boundless enthusiasm, and innovative thinking converge to produce outstanding work. If you like creating great stories, cultivating strong media contacts, and developing effective communication strategies, we’re looking for your knowledge and enthusiasm to help us amplify our voice on a global scale. Your job will be important in increasing our brand’s visibility, navigating media environments, and creating meaningful interactions with audiences worldwide. Take on a role in which creativity meets strategy.
As SolarDuck’s Communications Manager, you will oversee our communication strategy, transforming ideas into powerful narratives that have a global impact. You’ll work directly with our CEO and commercial team to advance a content-rich agenda that puts us at the forefront of the renewable energy business.
- Develop and execute a strategic event and communication plan in tandem with the board, perfectly aligning with SolarDuck’s strategic goals;
- Cultivate and strengthen ongoing relationships with existing media contacts;
- Drive a strong external communication strategy to elevate and maintain a positive brand image
- in the public eye;
- Analyze public opinion regularly, looking for ways to improve and innovate our communication strategy;
- Strategize, implement, and supervise the company’s comprehensive content strategy;
- Craft and refine copy across multiple formats and platforms, ensuring quality and consistency;
- Take responsibility for all public relations communications and texts, ensuring they align seamlessly with SolarDuck’s core messages and objectives;
- Organize and manage press interactions, from scheduling conferences to facilitating interviews, to amplify our reach and impact;
- Meticulously review and author press statements, guaranteeing that every message disseminated is accurate, impactful, and perfectly aligned with SolarDuck’s brand voice and vision;
- Work closely with internal & external stakeholders to ensure that all communications and press materials reflect a unified and strategic message that resonates with all stakeholders;
- Research industry-related topics to produce writing that connects with target audiences, boosts engagement, and fosters brand awareness;
- Ensure a unified brand voice consistently resonates across all social platforms;
- Conduct thorough research to deeply understand client needs, industry trends, and market dynamics, facilitating informed and strategic decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Full professional fluency in English, Dutch is a pre;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Significant experience creating high-quality content;
- Keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design;
- Neat and accurate way of working as well as (self)organizational and multitasking skills;
- An attitude that embraces teamwork, recognizing the success of the team as a whole.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Elevate your career and join a team pioneering in offshore solar energy. If you’re driven, experienced in project management, and passionate about renewable energy, SolarDuck is your next big opportunity. Take charge of groundbreaking projects in a dynamic environment and contribute to a sustainable future.
Apply now to be SolarDuck’s new Project Manager and lead the way in offshore solar innovation. Your expertise and vision can help shape the future of energy – be part of this exciting journey!