Vacancy – Maintenance Engineer
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
Step into the world of innovative solar technology with SolarDuck in Rotterdam! As our Maintenance Engineer, you’ll help the Lead Maintenance Engineer strategize and execute maintenance plans, ensuring our floating solar platforms are always at peak performance. Utilize data to solve complex problems, support our maintenance efforts, and contribute to the design enhancements of our groundbreaking technology. If you’re passionate about renewable energy and ready for hands-on challenges, join us in making a sustainable difference. Dive into this dynamic role where your skills directly impact the future of solar energy.
- Craft and prepare detailed maintenance plans based on data analysis, ensuring our solar platforms operate at peak efficiency;
- Utilize sensor and operational data to identify and resolve operational issues, constantly improving our maintenance approach;
- Use your findings to contribute to the enhancement of our solar platform designs, making practical and impactful recommendations;
- Guide maintenance teams to collect critical data, leveraging it for continuous design improvements;
- Work closely with the Lead Maintenance Engineer to align maintenance activities with broader company objectives;
- Develop and implement both preventive and corrective maintenance strategies, minimizing downtime and maximizing performance;
- Modeling all maintenance activities to analyze the effects of improved maintenance strategies;
- Continuously improve Maintenance Management by challenging the available information and providing inputs/feedback;
- A background in Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on maintenance;
- Proven experience in maintenance roles within offshore wind, Oil & Gas offshore, or a related industry;
- Proficiency in data analysis for maintenance planning;
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems in a maritime environment;
- Familiarity with health, safety, and environmental regulations in the offshore industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a knack for preventative strategies;
- Your strength is transforming your ideas into concepts, and you thereby enjoy working in a business area with a high level of dynamics;
- Ability to dissect complex problems, analyse data, and derive meaningful insights for effective decision-making;
- Keen attention to detail in monitoring systems and identifying potential issues before they escalate;
- You have a very high level of self-organization, you are target-oriented and well-structured;
- Strong communication skills, both for internal collaboration and reporting;
- Commitment to maintaining high standards in all aspects of maintenance and design processes
- A passion for sustainability and renewable energy technologies;
- Effective communication and team collaboration abilities.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we strive to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Apply now and become a key player in SolarDuck’s mission to harness the power of the sun on water.