Vacancy – HR Manager
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As our Human Resources Manager, you’re more than just a team member – you’re a growth catalyst and a guardian of our most valuable asset: our people. Your mission is to ensure that our vibrant team not only grows in numbers but also in skill and spirit. With your energetic and empathetic approach, you’ll foster an environment where innovation thrives, diversity is celebrated, and every employee feels valued and supported in their career journey.
- Lead initiatives that align with our business objectives, ensuring that our team expansion supports our vision for innovation in renewable energy;
- Craft and implement strategies for employee retention, ensuring each team member’s career progression aligns with their personal and professional goals;
- Oversee a variety of HR functions, including performance feedback, training programs, health and wellness, and employee relations, ensuring a positive and productive work environment;
- Navigate the complexities of Dutch employment law, handling visa processes and legal compliances;
- Champion the onboarding process by ensuring that it’s high-quality and up-to-date, and provide clarity and connection for employees so their roles serve the overall business vision;
- Regularly assess and enhance our Employee Plan to reflect the evolving needs of our team and the latest in HR best practices;
- Act as the primary point of contact for external HR partnerships, fostering relationships that enhance our HR capabilities;
- Be the primary contact for recruitment, attracting top talent to our team;
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Diversity and Inclusion strategy, creating a workplacewhere all voices are heard and valued;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create engaging content for social media, career sites, and other platforms, highlighting employee success stories, workplace culture, and career opportunities;
- Serve as the primary liaison for all employee inquiries, providing guidance and support on HR policies, career development, and workplace concerns, ensuring timely and empathetic responses;
- Take a proactive role in shaping the company’s culture, ensuring it remains dynamic, inclusive, and aligned with our core values as we grow and evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Three or more years of experience in Human Resources;
- Proven experience in HR within a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong understanding of Dutch employment law and visa processes;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to empathize and connect with a diverse team;
- A proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving and conflict resolution;
- A passion for sustainability and renewable energy;
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Experience in a scaleup environment is a plus, as we value individuals who can adapt and contribute to our dynamic and evolving business landscape;
- We are seeking individuals who have experience working with high talent teams in a professional or creative setting, prioritizing innovation and excellence in their work.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Are you ready to make a real impact? Join SolarDuck, where your skills will help shape the future of renewable energy. Apply now and be a part of our journey to sustainability.