Energy Storage Engineer
Vacancy – Energy Storage Engineer
Energy Storage Engineer
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, are a trustworthy person driven to make impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
SolarDuck is seeking a seasoned Energy Storage Research Engineer with a strong background in mechanical engineering and a focus on energy storage systems. In this role, you will be instrumental in leading the design, testing, and economic analysis of innovative storage solutions. Ideal candidates are analytical, creative thinkers with a hands-on approach and experience in multi-disciplinary collaboration. This position offers a unique opportunity to drive forward technological advancements in energy storage at an international start-up poised for significant impact in the renewable energy sector. Join us in shaping the future of sustainable energy. Join us and be a part of a team that’s powering the future.
- Undertake comprehensive studies to assess the viability, potential risks, and benefits of new energy storage systems. This includes evaluating technical specifications, environmental impacts, and market potential;
- Study innovative design concepts for energy storage systems. This involves utilizing your mechanical engineering expertise to conceptualize and analyse systems that are efficient, cost-effective, and technologically advanced;
- Oversee and execute rigorous testing protocols for new storage systems. Ensure that these systems meet all required standards for safety, efficiency, and reliability;
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to enhance system functionality;
- Conduct economic analyses of the energy storage systems. This includes cost estimation, return on investment calculations, and long-term financial forecasting to ensure the economic feasibility of the projects;
- Implement hands-on solutions in a dynamic engineering environment; Engage in proactive problem-solving to overcome engineering challenges;
- Apply analytical and creative problem-solving skills to overcome engineering challenges. This includes identifying potential issues in the design or implementation phases and developing effective solutions;
- Drive innovation in energy storage technology;
- Collaborate with external academic and research institutions, including universities and institutes. This involves developing detailed project scopes, providing specialized technical support, and ensuring seamless integration of collaborative efforts into our core research objectives;
- Translate complex ideas into practical designs;
- Foster a culture of innovation and technical excellence
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical engineering, particularly in the design, development, and testing of energy storage systems or similar technologies;
- Ability to navigate complex engineering challenges creatively;
- Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented mindset;
- Strong skills in mechanical design and analysis, including experience with CAD software and an understanding of engineering simulation tools. Familiarity with CNC machinery operation and maintenance is an added advantage;
- Practical experience in building, testing, and iterating prototypes, or systems;
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team;
- A genuine interest in renewable energy technologies and sustainable solutions, demonstrating a commitment to advancing the field of energy storage;
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, contributing positively to team dynamics and collaborating with colleagues from various technical background;
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and evolving start-up environment, with the willingness to take on diverse challenges and learn new skills.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Don’t just watch the future happen; be a part of creating it. If you’re a visionary engineer ready to make waves in the energy sector, we want to hear from you. Join SolarDuck now and help us shape the world of tomorrow!