Vacancy – Data Engineer
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
At SolarDuck, as we continue to grow, we are actively seeking a skilled Data & Measurement Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and organizing complex data sets, which will assist in advancing our innovative offshore solar energy solutions. Your analytical skills, combined with your passion for sustainability, programming, and ability to transform data into solutions, will be critical to our team’s success. Embark on this exciting journey with us and report directly to the team lead systems engineer.
- Act as the primary custodian of data, including data models, overseeing its organization, maintenance, integrity and reliability;
- Transform monitoring raw data into accessible, actionable insights for various stakeholders;
- Develop and optimize software in Python, Matlab, and C++ to enhance our data-driven solutions;
- Leverage your background to interpret and analyze complex data sets;
- Engage in rigorous software development, focusing on coding, data analysis, and regular updates;
- Contribute to prototype measuring campaigns, enhancing our data collection processes;
- Innovate by creating robust software tools tailored to our unique technological needs;
- Interpret trends and patterns to inform strategic decisions;
- Engage in complex data analysis, delivering comprehensive reports;
- Build and prototype algorithms to drive efficiency and innovation;
- Explore and implement strategies to boost data quality and reliability;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, contributing to multiple projects.
- Background in physics, engineering, or related discipline, Master’s in Applied Mathematics or data engineering certification is a plus;
- Proven experience in data engineering, with an emphasis on software development and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Python, Matlab, and/or C++.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Three or more years of experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, facilitating understanding and access to data across the team. Exhibits patience and clarity in explaining complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, displaying excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong passion for programming, with a commitment to the field for at least the next 4-5 years.
- Experience in data cleaning and maintenance.
- Knowledge of IT, hardware, and software licensing is beneficial.
- Ability and willingness to provide IT support as a side task.
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Ready to dive into a world where your technical skills contribute to a greener planet? If you’re eager to join a dynamic team that’s pushing the boundaries of offshore solar energy, we want to hear from you. Apply now and embark on a journey with SolarDuck where your work doesn’t just create software – it powers change.