Vacancy – Document Controller
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
At SolarDuck, as a Document Controller, you’ll be more than just an organizer of papers; you’ll lay the foundation for Document Management within SolarDuck. You will set up and manage our Document Management System, both generally and at the project level, involving aspects like project numbers, document numbers, and templates. Your role involves a blend of skills in managing project documentation, ensuring smooth document flow with customers and subcontractors, and providing vital reports to project management for comprehensive monitoring. You’ll play a key role in expediting internal and external documents, revising various technical documents, and analysing process-related
matters. In short, you are the gear that keeps the machine running smoothly. And, most importantly, you will be working with all stakeholders – fostering a working environment where getting along and structured workflow go hand in hand.
- Establish a robust Document Management System tailored to the company’s needs. This involves setting up systems for project numbers, document numbers, and creating standardized templates.
- Take charge of all documentation pertaining to various projects. This includes organizing, storing, and retrieving documents as needed. You’ll ensure that every piece of documentation is where it needs to be, available to those who need it, and securely archived.
- Facilitate clear and efficient document flow between SolarDuck, customers, and subcontractors.
- Generate insightful reports for project management to aid in decision-making.
- Expedite the processing of overdue documents, both internally and externally.
- Ensure accuracy and up-to-date revisions in all technical documents.
- Analyse and optimize document-related processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain a systematic approach to document numbering and templating. This system should be logical, easy to understand, and supportive of efficient document tracking and retrieval.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all documentation queries.
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve the document management process. This involves staying abreast of industry best practices and leveraging technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proven experience in Document Control or a related field.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Familiarity with document management software and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines. A keen eye for detail and precision.
Why choose SolarDuck?
In SolarDuck you will be part of a fast-growing, mission-driven team that works tirelessly to electrify the world with offshore floating solar. We are proud of our remarkable team of professionals, keen to share and learn from each other, fostering an inclusive work environment, where people can be themselves and every idea is valued.
SolarDuck offers the unique opportunity to continue to invest in your personal and professional growth on the job and through structured training and learning opportunities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. Further, we aim to have a diverse team and therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
Apply now and become a key player in SolarDuck’s mission to harness the power of the sun on water.