Vacancy – Quality Engineer
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, are a trustworthy person driven to make impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Quality engineer to support the successful delivery of our projects. This means that you are involved at an early stage with new projects and the development of new products. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional who has the experience necessary to take our products to the next quality level. You are responsible for proactively initiating, preparing, and executing activities to ensure product quality. You work closely with colleagues from, among others, the engineering, purchasing, and operations. You will also enter into consultation with suppliers and customers regarding quality delivered and complaint handling. As a Quality Engineer at SolarDuck, you’ll play a crucial role in upholding our product standards on every project. This involves drafting clear quality requirements for suppliers, actively engaging in quality discussions, and overseeing and measuring quality at supplier facilities, during FAT, and at our assembly locations. With a commitment to continuous improvement, you’ll maintain and update quality reports, providing real-time feedback to our engineering team, all to elevate the comprehensive quality of SolarDuck’s offerings.
- Lead quality engineering efforts, with a primary focus on establishing robust quality assurance (QA) processes within SolarDuck. Emphasize the importance of QA measures in project execution, while also overseeing quality control (QC) activities, with a lesser emphasis on on-site inspections;
- Setting up overall quality requirements for the SolarDuck platforms;
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of products to verify conformance with specifications and deliverables;
- Translating product quality requirements into fit-for-purpose ITP’s for incoming goods;
- Setting up a Supplier Quality Management system and supporting purchasing with (dis)qualifying new and existing suppliers;
- Setting up and maintaining a product quality framework and coordinating product quality assurance. This includes implementing processes like incoming goods inspection and non-conformance management;
- Stay abreast of evolving industry regulations and standards, ensuring SolarDuck remains in full compliance. This includes collaborating with regulatory bodies to understand and maintain necessary certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus;
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, CQE (certified quality engineer), or CQA (certified quality auditor) or Quality Management;
- 8 years of Proven experience as a Quality Engineer or in a similar quality-related role with a track record of successful quality management;
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures, methodologies, tools and industry-specific standards;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to interpret complex data sets
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data-driven decision-making;
- Familiarity with quality management systems (e.g., ISO 9001) and industry-specific standards.
- Experience with quality audits and process improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean) is desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, customers and suppliers;
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively in the dynamic environment of a scale-up;
- Ability to work independently and proactively, taking ownership of the role while knowing when to seek support;
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn in a versatile scale-up organization;
- An attitude that embraces teamwork, recognizing the success of the team as a whole.
Looking for a career with a greater purpose? Join SolarDuck, a fast-growing, mission-driven team that is dedicated to bringing offshore floating solar to the world. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our remarkable team of professionals who share knowledge and work collaboratively to create an inclusive and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued.
As part of our company, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and new market, with endless opportunities to innovate, learn, and grow. You will be encouraged to bring your creativity and expertise to the table, developing new solutions and strategies to make the desired impact.
At SolarDuck, we are committed to investing in your personal and professional growth through on-the-job learning opportunities and structured training and development programs. Additionally, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile, do not hesitate and apply today to join our team and help us achieve our mission using offshore floating solar energy!