Vacancy – Planner
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, are a trustworthy person driven to make impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Planner to join our team to support the successful delivery of our projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for time management, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to create and maintain schedules that maximize efficiency and productivity. You will drive the creation and execution of integrated, cross-functional project plans, ensuring all stages—from proposal drafting to completion—run seamlessly. Analyzing deviations and proposing corrective actions, you’ll work collaboratively across departments and directly report to the Project Manager. This role demands adaptability while maintaining an overall perspective of all ongoing projects. The ideal candidate will anticipate challenges and ensure projects progress smoothly.
- Develop comprehensive project planning strategies encompassing the entire company, including the end-to-end project planning for projects from the proposal phase to the CoD. This includes meticulous engineering hour planning and effective management of the project portfolio to ensure efficient project execution;
- Collaborate with individuals, teams, or departments to create detailed schedules that align with the project objectives and priorities;
- Identify and allocate resources (personnel, equipment, etc.) to ensure that schedules are feasible and realistic;
- Standardize schedules schemas on the project level and optimize schedules based on input from teams;
- Responsible for accurately forecasting timeframes and establishing schedules;
- Keep all stakeholders informed about schedule changes, updates, and potential issues;
- Proactively identify scheduling conflicts and work with relevant parties to resolve them, ensuring minimal disruptions;
- Continuously evaluate and refine schedules to improve efficiency and meet changing needs;
- Proficiently use project management and scheduling software and tools to create and manage schedules efficiently;
- Analyze historical scheduling data to identify trends and areas for improvement;
- Maintain accurate records of schedules, changes, and adjustments for reference and reporting purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Operations Management, or a related field;
- Must have 5 years of demonstrated experience in schedule planning or a related position. A background in EPCI is advantageous;
- Strong proficiency in project management and scheduling software and tools;
- Knowledge of industry best practices in scheduling and time management.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, customers, and suppliers.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn in a versatile scale-up organization.
- An attitude that embraces teamwork, recognizing the success of the team as a whole.
Looking for a career with a greater purpose? Join SolarDuck, a fast-growing, mission-driven team that is dedicated to bringing offshore floating solar to the world. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our remarkable team of professionals who share knowledge and work collaboratively to create an inclusive and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued.
As part of our company, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and new market, with endless opportunities to innovate, learn, and grow. You will be encouraged to bring your creativity and expertise to the table, developing new solutions and strategies to make the desired impact. Joining our team as a Project Purchaser means you’ll not only buy parts but be part of the team that makes it happen.
At SolarDuck, we are committed to investing in your personal and professional growth through on-the-job learning opportunities and structured training and development programs. Additionally, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary.We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile, do not hesitate and apply today to join our team and help us achieve our mission using offshore floating solar energy!