Project Manager Engineering
Vacancy – Project Manager Engineering
Project Manager Engineering
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, are a trustworthy person driven to make impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
We’re directing the future of renewable energy at SolarDuck. We’re looking for a Project Manager Engineering to lead our offshore solar engineering projects. The ideal candidate for this critical position will be of directing engineering activities on a project-by-project basis, guiding the engineering direction for SolarDuck’s continuing growth. They will guarantee the technical accuracy and viability of the project. Acting as the primary liaison with the project manager, they will harmonize planning, risk assessment, functionality, and innovation within the entire engineering framework, emphasizing standardization in both efforts and design. Their knowledge and leadership will determine not only the project’s success but also the sustainable future we are creating. In the role close collaboration is required with the Engineering Director on the Freeze and release strategy, standardization, and required research efforts to advance offshore floating solar. Join us in this important role, where your contributions will be critical in the transition to a cleaner, renewable energy future.
- Lead the project engineering team to ensure the technical feasibility of the project from inception to completion;
- Manage requirements effectively by gathering, documenting, and maintaining a clear and comprehensive record of project requirements to ensure that they are properly understood, addressed, and met throughout the project lifecycle;
- Evaluate the feasibility of various conceptual designs and lead the team to choose the best solution, considering planning, risk, cost, and technical intricacy, while guiding the decision-making process;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive risk management strategy for the project;
- Constantly monitor the project environment to identify and mitigate potential risks proactively;
- Serve as the first point of contact between the engineering team and the project manager, facilitating seamless communication and collaboration;
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and cohesive achievement of project objectives. This multifaceted team addresses areas such as structural design, hydrodynamics, assembly, installation, energy storage, and maintenance. Additionally, coordinate with essential internal teams, like Purchasing, on which the project is contingent;
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for clients, ensuring effective communication and addressing their technical inquiries, concerns, and needs to facilitate strong client relationships and project success;
- Ensure the project design meets all technical, safety, and environmental benchmarks;
- Lead design reviews, encouraging critical evaluation and feedback to foster continuous improvement;
- Oversee the development of a structured project schedule, ensuring all engineering aspects align with the broader project timeline;
- Monitor progress continuously, adapting plans as necessary to stay on track and meet deadlines;
- Managing the outsourcing of engineering work, ensuring that necessary approvals are attained;
- Create project scopes, (BoDs), and engineering-focused planning, as well as prepare budget estimates to support the effective planning and execution of engineering-related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Master’s is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in renewable energy projects, preferably with a focus on offshore wind industries or mass manufacturing environments;
- Proven track record of successfully managing engineering teams and large-scale projects.
- Deep understanding of technical concepts and design trade-offs
- Familiarity with project management software and tools.
- Ability to analyze complex data and engineering concepts to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team, fostering collaboration and nurturing talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of liaising effectively between various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and find innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Ready to adjust strategies and approaches in the face of evolving project demands.
- Capacity to envision the bigger picture while attending to the fine details that facilitate excellence.
- A forward-thinking mindset, always seeking ways to improve processes and outcomes.
Looking for a career with a greater purpose? Join SolarDuck, a fast-growing, mission-driven team that is dedicated to bringing offshore floating solar to the world. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our remarkable team of professionals who share knowledge and work collaboratively to create an inclusive and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued.
As part of our company, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and new market, with endless opportunities to innovate, learn, and grow. You will be encouraged to bring your creativity and expertise to the table, developing new solutions and strategies to make the desired impact.
At SolarDuck, we are committed to investing in your personal and professional growth through on-the-job learning opportunities and structured training and development programs. Additionally, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary.We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Do not hesitate and apply today to join our team and help us achieve our mission using offshore floating solar energy!