Tender Engineer - Offshore
Vacancy – Tender Engineer Offshore
Tender Engineer – Offshore
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, or are a trustworthy person driven to make an impact we would like to get in touch.With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a skilled Tender Engineer to join our team, As the backbone of our bid/tender operations, you will assist our Bid Manager in ensuring that our bids are technically sound, aligned with client requirements, and in compliance with industry standards. Dive into the technical specifics, work with diverse internal teams, and become an essential part of our ambition to electrify the planet with offshore floating solar.
- Analyze customer requirements and specifications to shape the technical aspects of bids, ensuring that our technical offerings are in sync;
- Collaborate with the engineering and supply chain, and BD teams, to bridge the gap between technical requirements and proposal documentation;
- Assist the Bid Manager in developing high-quality technical proposals, ensuring that all technical aspects are accurate and in accordance with industry standards;
- Support in the preparation of tender documentation, ensuring technical accuracy and compliance;
- Oversee and organize the collection of technical data, certifications, and other tender requirements;
- Incorporate subcontractor contributions seamlessly into our proposals, ensuring a comprehensive tender presentation;
- Stay up to date on industry regulations and standards, ensuring SolarDuck’s proposals remain a step ahead;
- Keep meticulous records of all tender-related paperwork;
- Close reporting to BD is required, as well as active participation in BD team meetings and close collaboration with the BD team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field relevant to the offshore energy industry (offshore or maritime background);
- A solid 5+ years’ experience in the energy industry, with a preference for offshore wind or solar;
- Familiarity with tendering processes and industry regulations in an offshore environment isa pre
- Solid understanding of engineering principles and practices;
- Experience with project management tools is advantageous.
- Detail-driven mindset, ensuring technical accuracy in all deliverables;
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- The ability to thrive under tight schedules, balancing precision with timeliness;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a bonus;
- Team player mindset, ready to support and contribute actively.
Looking for a career with a greater purpose? Join SolarDuck, a fast-growing, mission-driven team that is dedicated to bringing offshore floating solar to the world. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our remarkable team of professionals who share knowledge and work collaboratively to create an inclusive and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued.
As part of our company, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and new market, with endless opportunities to innovate, learn, and grow. You will be encouraged to bring your creativity and expertise to the table, developing new solutions and strategies to make the desired impact. Joining our team as a Project Purchaser means you’ll not only buy parts but be part of the team that makes it happen.
At SolarDuck, we are committed to investing in your personal and professional growth through on-the-job learning opportunities and structured training and development programs. Additionally, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary.We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile, do not hesitate and apply today to join our team and help us achieve our mission using offshore floating solar energy.