Vacancy – Director Projects
SolarDuck is a Dutch-Norwegian company that is pioneering the technology to bring solar PV to the seas, and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a spin-off of Damen Shipyards, a leading Dutch shipbuilder, SolarDuck was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced entrepreneurs from the maritime industry. We are headquartered in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and have a growing international presence with offices in Norway and Japan.
Our vision is to Electrify the World with Offshore Floating Solar, and we have developed a unique technology to bring solar PV offshore. Thereby we enable access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and independent energy for energy consumers around the world.
To strengthen our team, we might be looking for you! If you are curious to find new solutions, like to develop speed in what you do, are a trustworthy person driven to make impact we would like to get in touch. With your leadership and expertise, you’ll help us accelerate the growth of offshore floating solar energy by deploying over 1 GW every year from 2030.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Director Projects to oversee the successful delivery of all our projects. As the Director Projects, you will be responsible for setting the overall strategy and direction for the project management department, managing the project portfolio, and ensuring that the projects are aligned with the overall goals and objectives of SolarDuck. We are looking for an experienced candidate who is highly skilled in managing project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure successful project delivery. Having a proven track record in establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and suppliers is essential. Additionally, the Director Projects will build and manage the Project department/organization and team and is able to think strategically to align projects with organizational goals. The Director Projects will report directly to the CEO.
- As Director Projects, you will play a critical role in shaping our organization’s future. You will be responsible for structuring the Projects organization, facilitate reporting, and strategic decisions making and providing leadership and support project managers in doing their work.
- As the Director Projects, you will play a key role in overseeing multiple projects within our organization, liaising with clients, and building strong working relationships, and devising cost- effective plans to ensure successful project completion.
- You will be responsible for creating project plans, defining project objectives, and establishing timelines to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- You will work closely with clients, stakeholders, and project managers, reporting on project progress, monitoring build progress, overseeing finance, and ensuring project quality.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize project delays and cost overruns.
- Oversee all project documentation, including contracts, specifications, and reports, with a focus on ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Lead and inspire project managers to enable them to supervise and manage their own teams, contractors, and sub-contractors to achieve project objectives through effective communication, strategic decision-making, and strong leadership.
- MSc degree, preferably in a technical field.
- 10+ years’ experience in the (offshore) energy (O&G/wind/solar) industry with a track record of delivering successful projects. >200ME budgets, demonstrating expertise in managing teams, budgets, and resources to achieve exceptional results.
- Experience in managing complex projects and teams, demonstrating the ability to navigate challenging situations, overcome obstacles, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the renewable energy industry, particularly solar or wind energy, and a passion for sustainable energy solutions.
- Strong financial management and budgeting experience, including a track record of delivering projects within budget and managing project finances with sufficient attention to detail.
- Proven experience working with project management software and tools, with a passion for staying up to date with the latest trends and tools in project management.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with a talent for inspiring and motivating teams to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, partners, and suppliers.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively solve complex problems to achieve project objectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with ease.
Looking for a career with a greater purpose? Join SolarDuck, a fast-growing, mission-driven team that is dedicated to bringing offshore floating solar to the world. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our remarkable team of professionals who share knowledge and work collaboratively to create an inclusive and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued.
As part of our company, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and new market, with endless opportunities to innovate, learn, and grow. You will be encouraged to bring your creativity and expertise to the table, developing new solutions and strategies to make the desired impact.
At SolarDuck, we are committed to investing in your personal and professional growth through on-the- job learning opportunities and structured training and development programs. Additionally, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a share certificate program and a competitive salary. We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile, do not hesitate and apply today to join our team and help us achieve our mission using offshore floating solar energy!