Are you a talented Sales Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a difference? Join our team and help bring our online platform for clean energy systems to the next level. Located just steps away from Rotterdam Central Station, our office gives you amazing views from the 26th floor of the Millennium Tower. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and make a positive sustainable impact, apply now!
Skoon is a young and mission-driven company that was founded six years ago with the goal of making clean energy systems accessible and affordable to everyone, everywhere. Skoon is committed to sustainability and supports the transition to a low-carbon economy. We offer a central platform that connects users with suppliers of clean energy systems, such as mobile batteries, hydrogen generators, solar panels and many more. These energy systems are used to power temporary applications such as construction sites, events and film sets, as a clean alternative to diesel generators.
We have developed world’s first online marketplace on which clean energy systems are traded ‘Airbnb style’. Additionally, our rental management software tool supports owners of energy systems to enable data-driven and scalable operations. Creating a network of clean energy systems positions us for our long term mission: being the flexible layer of the electricity grid.
Skoon values a healthy working environment, personal development and career advancement. We have a highly skilled team and a large expert network that can help you grow and succeed professionally. We are dedicated to creating a fun, positive, and supportive working environment that encourages creativity and innovation. Skoon is growing internationally and we work in a diverse team.
We are looking for a motivated team player, comfortable with working in a dynamic start-up environment, able to solve problems quickly and in a diligent manner. We seek someone who is always hunting for efficiency increase and automation, in close collaboration with other team divisions. We value a strong sense of personal and professional engagement to our team, product and mission.
- Develop and implement operational strategies, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead and manage a team of employees, including setting goals, providing feedback, and conducting performance evaluations
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and execution of projects, including setting milestones, tracking progress, and managing budgets and resources
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and partners
- Collaborate closely with the development and operational teams to identify and resolve issues and improve processes
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, including partnerships, collaborations, and expansion into new markets
We are looking for someone who
- Has 5+ years of relevant experience in sales
- Shows strong leadership skills and has experience managing a team of sales, marketing and operational colleagues
- Has strong ability to identify and act on new sales opportunities, is able to analyse data and make informed data-driven decisions
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and execute on long-term plans, while also working on smaller, short-term projects
- Has a strong sense of responsibility and can manage expectations
- Communicates efficiently and openly, and encourages team members to do so through active inclusion
- Has solid negotiation skills
- Has an eye for detail, works in a structured way and can maintain high standards of accuracy and quality
- Is proficient with using and demoing software, including Skoon’s own software, CRM systems and Microsoft Office
- Is flexible to travel across Europe as needed for business development and customer meetings
- Is able to speak, read, and write English and Dutch at a professional level (speaking another European language is a plus)
We encourage you to apply even if you might not possess all above-mentioned qualifications, your enthusiasm for the role is most important.
We offer you
- A competitive salary plus bonus options
- Travel expenses
- Learning and development budget
- Modern office on the 26th floor with an amazing views in Rotterdam Centre
- Flexible work environments (currently working hybrid)
- A scale-up mentality with opportunities to grow (professionally and personally)
- Access to a gym located at the same building as the office
- On-the-job training and coaching
- Many young, enthusiastic, and motivated colleagues
- Fun team activities
You will work in an organization that is in high growth mode, with development opportunities and room for your own input. We take care of you both physically and mentally, since health is an important value to us. Every day will be a day where you can learn, grow, and make a meaningful impact while having fun with your colleagues.