Core API Developer (full-time)
Portugal · Netherlands
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2022
At the heart of our platform lies our Core API, which is responsible for gathering data and events from both end-users as well as integrations with clients’ back office systems. It takes care of the distribution, processing and storage of that data and allows it to be displayed on clients’ Dashboards to be analyzed and maintained.
We need to make sure our systems are always available, regardless of actual load, are updatable at any time without disturbing normal operations, and, most importantly, we need to be able to align them with the actual business requirements at hand. This means our Core API needs to be built for performance and resilience. Needless to say, our clients trust us to take care of their valuable and sensitive user data, so security is at the heart of everything.
In other words, we are looking for a backend developer that will help us scale to the next level.
- You are responsible for the development, enhancement, refinement and maintenance of our Core API, the heart of our platform
- You work on building our REST API for internal use within the platform as well as external use by our clients
- You write unit tests and perform regression tests for new and existing code
- You generate appropriate documentation, from requirements and design documents to technical end-user tutorials
- You take care your code integrates with the underlying cloud infrastructure, working closely with our DevOps team
- You make sure development standards are being adhered to or adapted when needed and best practices are followed
- You support end-users with their coding issues and are able to turn their feedback into improvements to the product
What we expect from you
- You have a mindset to design and build modular, secure, scalable and resilient systems
- You want to take ownership of your work and understand the responsibility that comes with it
- You are a fast learner and an enabler for sharing knowledge throughout the organisation
- You see the APIs you create as something you would love to use for yourself
- You thrive inside a fast-paced environment and love the freedom to be extremely creative
- You are capable of setting your own goals and work schedule and make sure your work aligns with that of others
- You are excited to join a team that is used to working remotely but know how to face the challenges this brings
- You are able to look beyond your own expertise and see the bigger picture of our products
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in backend development
- Must have demonstrated competency/expertise in data modelling, the NodeJS ecosystem, distributed systems and RESTful web services
- Ability to identify and resolve application defects
- Working knowledge of industry standard application design patterns
- Working knowledge of security issues and vulnerability management
- Strong analytical and writing skills paired with a background in software development
- Fluent in English language both spoken and written
What we offer
- A small, extremely motivated team that envisioned, built and marketed the product themselves
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a unique product in its growth stage and help make it grow
- A great chance to be at the forefront of major developments in our products and services and the possibility to grow into a leadership role inside the company
- The freedom to work in our office in Rotterdam or from anywhere you want
- Competitive salary and excellent employee benefits
Notificare can hire candidates in the Netherlands and Portugal where we have a legal entity, assuming you have eligible working rights. As our offices re-open, Notificaristas can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
See more open positions at Notificare
Something looks off?