Strategic Supply Chain Manager Electronics
What you're going to do
One of the biggest challenges in the semiconductor industry is reliably sourcing electronics, due to ongoing shortages. This makes lifecycle management a crucial part of your role. You will be working with leading electronic manufacturing suppliers and drive the transformation of our supply chain to cope with our surging demand for electronics. In addition, you and your colleagues for mechanics and mechatronics will devise a Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost roadmap geared to professionalising supply chain management.
Your responsibilities include:
• Coordinating the transformation from procuring single-purpose modules to larger integrated modules, together with the System Integration team. This will ramp up production as it will reduce time spent on assembly, integration and testing.
• Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with suppliers of critical components and integrated modules. Involving internal stakeholders to align their needs, you will jointly draw up specifications, and establish cost-down roadmaps.
• Regularly evaluating supplier performance geared to improving quality, securing timely delivery, controlling costs and mitigating supply risks, for which you will work closely with your strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Collaborating with your colleagues from Development & Engineering from an early stage in the process. You will align the practicalities of the supply chain with the engineers’ release-for-volume needs. This involves recommending components that are cheaper and more widely available, resulting in changes in designs.
• Balancing and managing the risks inherent to our strategic supply chain as a result of increasing dependencies, for which you will leverage our growing buying potential.