Developer Advocacy Expert
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Mendix Community Programs Team
We are taking the growth and engagement of our developer community to the next level by expanding our efforts globally. The Community Programs Team is part of the Community & Learning programs team within the Community & Collaboration unit in Mendix R&D. We are dedicated to taking the Mendix developer experience to the next level, from sign-up to publishing a first app and from getting certified to attending massive global events. The core team is based in Rotterdam and has stakeholders in the Americans and APAC regions.
In your role as Developer Advocacy Expert, you will run the Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Program and take it to the next level by growing its size, effectiveness, and impact, including:
- Nurturing the relationship with members of the program.
- Growing the program strategically by selecting new MVPs.
- Evaluating performance of current MVPs.
- Reporting on the health and effectiveness of the program.
- Working with development teams to integrate the program into the platform.
- Scheduling MVP sessions and roadmap updates with product management.
- Reviewing contributions from MVPs and providing guidance and direction.
- Determining the priority and focus of the most important MVP contributions.
- Promoting the program internally to get buy-in and support.
- Promoting the program externally to gain interest from the community.
You're the advocacy expert we need if you:
- Have 3+ years of work experience as a program manager, community manager, advocacy expert, or similar role.
- Have community running through your veins and love to connect with people, build relationships, and grow a community of passionate developers.
- Understand that community building is crucial to the success of the company.
- Are punctual, care about the details, and are precise in your actions.
- Can turn your ideas into plans and execute and own them from start to finish.
- Are organized and know how to plan work and projects effectively.
- Are flexible and can easily adapt to changing requirements and other factors.
- Have a strong technical background and know-how, and insight (pref. Mendix).
- Get excited about presenting to different types of audiences, large and small, virtual and in person.
- Have a passion for engaging deeply with developers.
- Know that when the team succeeds, we all succeed.
- Previous experience running an advocacy program.
- Technical knowledge of Mendix development.
- Previous experience with recording videos.
- Copywriting skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary with regular reviews and opportunities for advancement.
- 30 days PTO.
- Hybrid work environment with 2-3 days in the office.
- Work from anywhere up to 4 weeks per year.
- Career development training and opportunities.
- Regular team events and outings like skiing trips.
- Excellent lunch at the office.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate a healthy work-life balance.
- A dedicated training budget for professional development.
- Various modes of travel to and from the office are covered by Mendix.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.