UX Research and Research Operations internship
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
About the User Experience Research team
User Experience Research is part of the Central Insights & Design Group(in the R&D department). We have grown from no researchers to currently 9 research specialists in the past two years, including a Research Operations Specialist. The User Experience Researchers work with different to provide research for the company’s key themes and focus areas.
To discuss anything relevant to User Experience Researchers, we have a bi-weekly team meeting.
The User Experience Research Team is also driving the User Insights Guild, where we meet with Product Analysts, Service Designers, and anyone else interested in our work and insights.
Our research toolset contains Alchemer, Dovetail, Zoom, Miro, Dropbox Paper and Confluence for efficient research planning and execution.
About the Design Community
We are part of the larger Mendix design community that is distributed across several units in Rotterdam, Boston, Pune, and Shanghai, with many fields. From user experience research and service design to brand and product design, the Mendix design community is filled with creatives focused on elevating the user experience across our products. We are proud to be a diverse function, and we believe that cross-disciplinary co-creation is the key to our success. We love exploring new ways to create and tinkering with new technologies or techniques.
The intern will be part of the research team and support research preparation, data analysis, and assist in operational tasks of conducting user research sessions.
Internship key responsibilities (depending on ongoing projects needs):
- Assisting UX researchers in conducting user research, including interviews, surveys, usability testing, etc.
- Collaborating with the research team to prepare for user research sessions, assisting in planning, co-facilitating and taking notes during user sessions
- Supporting research operations and research partners by recruiting participants, scheduling interviews and managing participant consent and incentives
- Collaborating with the research team to analyze and synthesize qualitative research data
- Managing administrative tasks related to the team’s tooling suite
- Currently enrolled in an(applied) university program in a relevant field(e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related discipline).
- Showcase a strong passion and interest in qualitative research and qualitative data synthesis
- Genuine interest in human behavior.
- Proficiency with research tools used for synthesizing and storing qualitative data
- Experience with recruiting research participants
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage research repositories and maintain data integrity.
- Some experience in synthesizing and analyzing qualitative data(e.g., interviews, user research, or similar sources.)
What You'll Gain:
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic and collaborative UX research environment.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced researchers and designers. Depending on the supervisor, there may be a specific focus on certain aspects of the product or a broader focus. However, we're all about giving our research interns the chance to explore and learn about every facet of Mendix
- The opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects and see the direct impact of your work on our products.
- Observe how UX teams collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams of designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to advocate for evidence-based user experience design throughout product development.
- A chance to expand your professional network and build valuable industry connections.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- If you are a master's student with a passion for qualitative research and a strong desire to contribute to user-centric design, we encourage you to apply for this UX Research Internship.
- To apply for this position, please send your resume, a cover letter detailing your interest in UX research, and any relevant work samples or a portfolio(if available).
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.