Senior Information Security Officer
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
We are searching for a Senior Information Security Officer that can support in maintaining and enhancing our security posture.
If you are experienced in information security and interested in an international environment, we are looking for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish, document, and distribute security incident responses and escalation.
- Monitor and analyze security alerts and instruct relevant teams to solve the issue.
- Identify risks and advise on how to mitigate risks.
- Periodically review administration of user accounts including additions, deletions, and modifications.
- Review and monitor all access to data.
- Ensure continuous control of compliance is achieved. Steer and compel if compliance is not met.
- Assess all information security based on strategic goals.
- Advise how to improve our security framework.
- Function as an internal consulting resource on information security.
- Facilitate external third party security audit reports (e.g. ISAE 3402 Type II, SOC 2, ISO/IEC 27001, HIPAA) and guide all applicable audits.
- Function as an internal auditor on the security framework within Mendix.
- Act as a security point of contact and share knowledge within the team or unit.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- 3-5 years experience in a position with significant information security responsibilities.
- Independent and active information security certification is required, information security certification like CISM, CISSP is preferred.
- IT related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or relevant experience in this field.
- Experience with industry compliance and security standards and regulations including PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27001, HIPAA, GDPR and SOC 2.
- Excellent communicator in English.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge preferred.
- Experience with a Governance, Risk and Compliance tooling is a plus.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.