Junior Support engineer
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
The Support Team:
We are investing in our momentum by growing our Support team with young professionals that are willing and able to learn on the job. The team is filled with customer focused individuals. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work, as well as our customer's overall success. We enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Mendix. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product and the quality of our support services. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence.
Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused and all about providing exceptional services to our customers. If you recently graduated or if you are in the last year of your study and are looking for a job to kick start your career in the Mendix Community, then Mendix is for you.
*Please note that we are not supporting relocation for this position.
You'll help us drive digital Innovation when you:
- Take ownership of submitted platform and product issues. Work with active customers to resolve platform and application development / deployment issues;
- Investigate, reproduce and troubleshoot reported issues and identify a suitable solution or root cause within our platform infrastructure and software;
- Clearly communicate reported issues to the respective R&D team, Product Manager and Customer Success Manager, and manage cross-functional coordination with these teams;
- Work with minimal supervision on issues that require the ability to make independent decisions and discretion;
- Effectively manage time and prioritize daily tasks based on the severity of the problem and the level of business impact on the customer;
- Set and maintain customer expectations by adhering to the agreed Service Level Agreement and prioritisation of the reported incidents.
You're the Innovator we need if you:
- Are a high-energy professional that loves to engage with the customer to solve any challenges they might face;
- Have a B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent;
- Have excellent communicative skills, both written and verbally (English);
- Are passionate for technology and have strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Are well-organized, flexible and can keep an overview of all your tasks;
- Have an understanding of and interest in programming languages, integration, relational databases, and/or public Cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Azure);
- Experience in a customer facing technical support or consultancy role, or other relevant work experience is a pre.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.