People & Culture Intern
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
We're looking for an HR intern to assist our People & Culture team with activities throughout the employee lifecycle. During your internship, you will get a first-hand experience of what a career in P&C within Mendix involves. You will be working on HR projects and expected to dive straight in and take the lead. This means you'll gain knowledge on a wide range of HR topics!.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who:
- Likes to learn and take on new challenges.
- Wants to be a part of a fun and enthusiastic team.
- Enjoys taking responsibility, the opportunity for personal input, and sharing ideas.
- Likes taking initiative and being independent.
- Supporting activities within our P&C department including sick leaves, confirmation letters and personnel administration.
- Maintain employees’ records in various databases, such as Workday.
- Support with the onboarding-& termination process of employees.
- Optimise current P&C processes.
- Assist with ad hoc P&C projects.
- We constantly develop and improve ourselves, so we need you to be curious and keen to learn.
- Bachelor's or Master's student with a background in HR, Business Admin, Hospitality or related fields.
- Good attention to detail, proactive and structured.
- Excellent communication skills in English verbally & in writing. Dutch language is (optional)
- Available to come to the office a minimum of two times per week.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a Dutch university.
- Able to do an Internship for a minimum of 6 months, starting August/September 2023.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
See more open positions at Mendix
Something looks off?