Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader in Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens' unbeatable market position and resources.
Industrial Edge Team
We are a passionate and innovative-driven organization aiming to enable a true B2B leading Open Industrial Ecosystem based on Industrial Edge - a new age infrastructure system to enable modern IT technologies in manufacturing
Mendix Community Team
We are taking the growth and engagement of our developer community to the next level by expanding our efforts globally. The Community & Collaboration unit is dedicated to improving the Mendix developer experience, from sign-up to deploying a first app and from getting certified to attending events globally. The core team is based in Rotterdam and has stakeholders around the world.
The Role and Your Mission
Mendix is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Community Manager to lead our efforts in building and growing our community of users, partners, and developers, with a specific focus on supporting the growth of the Industrial Edge community. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing community programs, events, and initiatives that drive community growth in size and capability. As Community Manager, you will serve as the face of the community, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to foster relationships and build trust.
- Develop and execute community programs, events, and initiatives that drive growth, engagement, and education within the Mendix and Siemens ecosystems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the community, responding to questions and facilitating communication between members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create content and resources that support the community's growth and development.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate community programs and initiatives into the Mendix platform to optimize the user experience.
- Identify and engage key active community members and thought leaders within the Mendix community to expand the community globally.
- Analyze community data and feedback to measure the effectiveness of community programs and initiatives and make data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to integrate community initiatives into broader campaigns and strategies.
You're the community manager we need if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in community management, marketing, or related fields.
- Have community running through your veins and love to connect people, build relationships, and grow a community of passionate developers who make an impact.
- Are punctual, care about the details, and are precise in your actions.
- Can turn your ideas into plans and execute and own them from start to finish.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to measure the effectiveness of community programs and initiatives
- Are flexible and can easily adapt to changing requirements and other factors.
- Have a strong technical background, knowledge, and insight
- Get excited about presenting to different types of audiences, large and small, virtual and in person.
- Have a passion for engaging deeply with developers.
- Know what you bring to the team.
- Know that when the team succeeds, we all succeed.
- Previous experience running community programs
- Technical knowledge of the Mendix Platform
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Edge and IIoT
- Copywriting skills
Working at Mendix
- While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
- We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
- We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
- We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
- We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
- We hear every voice. Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
- We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
- We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
See more open positions at Mendix
Something looks off?