Senior Software Engineer C#- Databroker
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
You will help build out the abstraction of Business Events and Events Sourced concepts within our LowCode platform. As part of the development team, you will influence the technical direction of the newest area of the Mendix landscape, and will help shape the way Eventing concepts are adopted by the larger community.
- Have a proven track record of building applications and being able to solve complex challenges
- Enjoy solving those challenges by understanding them and deconstructing them into elegant, understandable code
- Are able to break challenges down to iteratively build the solution with short feedback cycles
- Are proficient in C# and have working knowledge of one or more other languages
- Have a good understanding of core concepts of computer science and apply them regularly
- Are persistently curious and have strong analytical skills that help you ask great questions
- Are always learning and innovating in your work, staying up-to-date in your field - Will dive deep into existing functionality to refactor and add new functionality
- Prefer to work in a team instead of working in isolation - Like to learn from others and coach and mentor to help others be successful
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work by identifying risks and testing it
- You have done several large scale projects using C#
- You have extensive experience with building desktop applications and backend logic
- Building Mendix applications
- Use of Kafka and Event Driven architectures
- Use of web technologies e.g. Typescript
- Build tools like Jenkins and Gitlab and applying continuous integration and deployment and related technologies like Docker and Linux
- You have experience with building frameworks that others will use
Experience with the following is required:
Experience with the following is a plus:
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
See more open positions at Mendix
Something looks off?