Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
The Mendix Cloud
If you are an experienced developer and want to make a difference for tens of thousands of developers in our community, we have an opportunity for you! As a company, we’re in constant communication with our community, but we need your field experience to improve our product and take it to the next level.
The Mendix Cloud hosts tens of thousands of mission-critical customer applications, powering anything from insurance quotes, to ensuring that PostNL can deliver millions of parcels on time.
The team is responsible for delivering a high quality, high availability Cloud environment where our customers can run their Mendix apps. We develop and run the Mendix Cloud infrastructure and services that offer deployment, operations and monitoring.
You'll help drive digital innovation by:
- Solving operational issues for our customers, by both investigating technically and liaising between Mendix Support(1st line) and other development teams in R&D. You'll spend approximately 40% of your time doing this.
- Writing software to automate the operations of our platform, and enable our customers to perform more operations themselves. This will take up the other 60% of your time.
- Providing out of hours support for critical customer issues on an on-call basis.
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting systems to provide real-time visibility into the performance and availability of the platform and services.
- Developing and maintaining dashboards and reports to track key performance indicators and identify trends and issues.
You’re the innovator we need if:
- You are either a strong programmer with good knowledge of infrastructure, or a strong infrastructure engineer who can also code when needed.
- You have programming skills, ideally in Python; plus to have Golang experience.
- You're comfortable writing a Python script to automate complex tasks to reduce manual effort.
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code(IaC), such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- You have experience with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, ELK, or Prometheus.
- You have proven experience(2+ years) administering, developing against, or architecting on a cloud platform. AWS is the platform we use, but experience on GCP/Azure is fine too.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Explaining complex technical issues and reducing them to a form that less technical customers & colleagues can understand is an important part of the job.
- You have strong experience with Linux/Unix systems.
It's nice (but not essential) if you have:
- A passion for investigating complex issues and finding out the solution in a platform with many distributed applications.
- A deep understanding of Cloud architecture/deployment and infrastructure services like web servers, load balancing, SSL/TLS/X509 etc.
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools. We use Datadog, Prometheus and Grafana internally, but experience with other tools such as, Splunk, New Relic, etc is welcome too.
- Experience with cloud platform technologies, like Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes
- Experience with the Mendix low-code platform!
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.