Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions for application development, delivery and operations
- Collaborate with engineering teams and product management to design and deliver creative and pragmatic solutions to security and technology challenges and requirements
- Triage security issues and engage with stakeholders to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Design and coordinate solid responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organisation, driving continuous improvements from these events
- We believe the best way to scale is to automate and provide teams with the tools they need to build better software products. You support them by automating security controls and processes to provide improved metrics and security operations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of and real-life experience with application security in complex enterprise environments
- Good understanding of fundamental technologies, including networking, web technology, and general security principles(cryptography, forensics, etc.)
- Excellent communicator in English, both written and spoken while being able to convey information effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity and for various audiences
- High level of initiative and self-direction, while collaborating in a team to achieve your group’s goals
- Ability to think and approach situations from all angles, whether it’s as an attacker, a defender or a builder
- An independent and active security certification like Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional(CSSLP) is a plus
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
See more open positions at Mendix
Something looks off?