Scala/Java Developer - Data Storage Team
Posted on Friday, January 6, 2023
Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Our team is in control of the backend of our Mendix product, responsible for creating the domain model in the database, storage and retrieval of data in/from the database, all domain model and data modifications in that context("Mendix's own ORM"). We develop, evolve and maintain the data layer of the Mendix Runtime, by adding features, increasing performance, and improving maintainability. Some specific technologies we use: Scala, sbt, Docker, Java, Git, RDBMS, SQL
We're looking for you if:
- You’re fluent in Scala/Java or eager to learn Scala and willing to explore its functional style
- You are hands-on and quality minded. Each of us assures what we build is right
- You easily share knowledge and help out others
- You have at least 4 years of experience in key developer role with strong hands-on experience in PostgreSQL(or other RDBMS), SQL, domain model normalization, indices, etc.
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and good command of English
Even better (but not essential!) if you have:
- Proficient skills in writing server-side application logic for a JVM-based environment with Scala or Java
- Query plans do not scare you, they are your friends
- ORM knowledge preferably with different frameworks
- Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability and security issues
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
See more open positions at Mendix
Something looks off?