We have the vision to lead the transition to meaningful workplaces! With our workplace experience platform global workplace leaders are full in control of their workplace.
In the hybrid era, the office must prove its purpose. Mapiq empowers workplace leaders to embrace this challenge—equipping them with intuitive tools to implement their workplace strategy and make their spaces responsive to employees’ evolving needs.
Your role at Mapiq
As a Legal Counsel at Mapiq, you are responsible for several legal-related areas. You negotiate with our customers from all over the world to get the best contracts possible for Mapiq, together with the Sales Team. Next to that, you are responsible for data protection and privacy related questions, since Mapiq is processing a lot of (personal) data. The implementation & support team needs your support with supplier contracts, and furthermore you are the go-to person for People & Culture and Finance for internal legal matters. You will be part of the Business Operations Team to with other specialists who are all contributing to further develop Mapiq.
We're a tech company that is currently active all over the world. You will become part of an international team of 50+ ambitious people, all dedicated to create a great place to work, both for ourselves and our customers.
Who are we looking for?
If you currently are a Legal Counsel or Contract specialist with 4 – 6 years of experience, looking for a parttime job (between 24 and 32 hours) in an ambitious, dynamic and high performance team, than we are happy to meet you!
We are looking for someone who understands priorities, takes ownership, and is proactive. Next to that, the necessary skills and experience are;
• A Master’s degree in Dutch Law, preferably in private law, commercial contract law information/IT law or corporate law. In addition, you are familiar with procurement law
• You have proven knowledge and experience in drafting and negotiation of a variety of international commercial/IT contracts
• As sole legal counsel, you are happy to work independently and show a strong attention to detail
• You have proven expertise in privacy laws and regulations, with a specific focus on GDPR compliance. You can take ownership to ensure the company's compliance with relevant laws, policies and regulations in the SaaS industry.
• Your Dutch and English language and drafting skills are excellent
• You enjoy familiarizing yourself with relatively unknown areas of law
• You have experience in the SaaS industry, demonstrating a deep understanding of its legal landscape. You are decisive, accurate and proactive, with very high integrity standards
We are working in an industry that is going sky high, and we wouldn’t be able to keep up without the talented people we have at Mapiq. We always strive to hire people that bring their own ideas, background and culture to help us raise the bar.
What to expect?
- Negotiating with enterprises all over the world;
The freedom of a hybrid working environment: come to the office for two days a week and meet your team or visit the gym!
- Enjoy 1 month of workation from anywhere in the world
- We think work is about reaching goals and developing yourself professionally and personally. We care about your well-being and offer free mental health support.
- We have 50+ employees who have built a strong community of board game enthusiasts, sports fanatics, coffee lovers, and more! Be yourself and have fun!
- Competitive pay: to us, that means that we pay you what seems fair to us, based on your current experience and skills. We’ll discuss salary with you during our first interaction to ensure you know what to expect.
- Please let us know if you think specific tools or devices should be part of your job offer. We will also provide you with €300 reimbursement to improve your home office, so you'll always be comfortable!
- And of course, we provide a pension plan, 25 vacation days, and travel reimbursement.
Feel like you have been reading a description of yourself? Then click on the button below! We will review your application and invite you for a call with our People & Culture Director, Annegreet if we think there could be a match. After this, you can expect three rounds: two virtually and one at the office. A case assessment might be part of the interview process.