Mapiq is a workplace experience platform that allows people to connect more deeply to their workspaces and to each other. We believe people should have a great day at work.
Mapiq provides a SaaS product to enterprise customers across the world. We are on the lookout for ambitious people who will bring their ideas, background, and culture to the Mapiq team.
Your role at Mapiq
Last year, we took the first step in professionalizing our financial processes. With this position, we are looking for someone who will turn this into a solid base and yearly recurring cycle. You will have the opportunity to bring new ideas forward and contribute to the dynamic and fast-changing environment where we are operating.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO and working with a team of two experienced financial administrators, where you have the final responsibility for successfully running the financial administration and reporting cycle. You will be in close contact with the management team and founders.
Your role and responsibilities:
• Guide and lead two financial administrators with a hands-on approach.
• Execute and improve our planning and control cycle for both internal use and our investors.
• Define and challenge business KPIs and dashboards.
• Own, collect, prepare, and interpret financial and KPI reporting, budgets, business plans, and financial statements.
• Report on monthly performance vs. budget and run the forecast.
• For our international expansion, you own and tackle the financial and tax challenges.
• Managing the company’s insurance, risk management and taxation.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in a similar position (controlling or financial position), preferably within a SaaS startup/scale-up venture, and shows both the right entrepreneurial mentality and hands-on skill set.
Next to that you have:
- Excellent with Exact Online, Excel and financial modeling, preferably also PowerBI (or are eager to learn).
- Working knowledge of the planning & control cycle; financial planning, cash management, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
Experience managing external accountants; annual report and interim audit (Dutch GAAP).
Business perspective, you have a forward-looking mindset.
A natural drive to optimize processes and drive out inefficiencies.
Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to drive decisions and measure success.
Structured, and action-oriented to be the go-to finance person for Mapiq.
Experience in optimizing the AO/IC.
Education is financial business management .
You feel comfortable dealing with sensitive information.
You are fluent in both Dutch and English.
You are available 32-40 hours per week.
We are working in an industry that is going sky high, and we wouldn’t be able to keep up without the talented people we have at Mapiq. We always strive to hire people that bring their own ideas, background and culture to help us raise the bar.
What to expect?
The freedom of a hybrid working environment: come to the office whenever you like and meet your team or visit the gym!
Enjoy 1 month of workation from anywhere in the world
- We think work is about reaching goals and developing yourself professionally and personally. We care about your well-being and offer free mental health support.
- We have 100+ employees who have built a strong community of board game enthusiasts, sports fanatics, coffee lovers, and more! Be yourself and have fun!
- Competitive pay: to us, that means that we pay you what seems fair to us, based on your current experience and skills. We’ll discuss salary with you during our first interaction to ensure you know what to expect.
- Please let us know if you think specific tools or devices should be part of your job offer. We will also provide you with €300 reimbursement to improve your home office, so you'll always be comfortable!
- And of course, we provide a pension plan, 25 vacation days, and travel reimbursement.
Join us!Feel like you have been reading a description of yourself? Then click on the button below!
We will review your application and invite you for a call with our recruiter, Viktoria, if we think there could be a match.