Level.works is the go to SaaS platform for flexible labour in transport and logistics, founded in the Netherlands with Headquarters in Rotterdam. At the core of our business is a web platform that connects companies and workers across different sectors such as delivery, transport, logistics, and safety. As a company you place shifts that require specific skills, as a worker you can claim them and start earning.
Thanks to our ambition, growth prospects and international expansion plans, we have now opened an extra solution center in Brno, where we started to grow our top notch Development Department. Our growth ambition is high and we want to keep improving the scalability, features and business potential of our platform. That is why we are looking for progressive, highly talented and eager developers!
Together with a large number of our clients in transport, safety, delivery and logistics, we have come a long way, and we offer flex workers numerous opportunities not only to have an income but also to gain experience and education through our platform. Our mission is to use high end technology to provide flex workers access to the coolest jobs.
As we always want to move on to the next level, now is time for the next step. We are not a simple peer-to-peer work platform, but use tech and data to match flex workers with the best jobs: The Level(.works) experience.
The Level.works platform consists of three parts: An iOS and Android app for flex workers, a web-based planning and data environment for clients, and a web-based platform to our own Headquarters. We have a solid foundation in place, but also have big ambitions to expand this with numerous features to increase the user experience for flex workers and to improve the life of our clients.
What you will do
- You are the one to contribute into shaping the backend architecture of our Level.works platform;
- You will be part of a cross functional international team (based in Rotterdam and Brno) building robust and high-quality apps in an agile environment;
- You will have close relationship and direct feedback from stakeholders and product team on the features you are working on;
- You will work in an open culture with an informal working atmosphere where trust and honesty is fostered between team members and also the leadership team;
- Analyze the best solutions for your team’s feature roadmap together with other creative developers;
- Design, develop, document, test, maintain and deploy robust, scalable and high quality code;
- Be active part of guild communities that brainstorm on how to improve and maintain our codebase;
- Be active part of creating and shaping the culture of our dev team.
- Want to go fullstack? This is your chance!
Our stack, technologies we use
- AWS, Node.js
- React, React Native
You don´t have to be an expert with our technologies and have a wide range of knowledge, but you should be happy to learn new things and if you have knowledge and experience with for example Python or PHP, you are also very welcomed. It would be really great, if you have knowledge and experience of working in an agile development environment, where you have written robust and scalable code in technologies you are familiar with.
What you will get in return
- Be part of an environment and culture that you still can shape yourself;
- Great salary indication based on your experience;
- Pension plan;
- Flexible working hours;
- All the hardware of your choice that you need;
- A great workplace in Rotterdam and all the flexibility to work from home;
- A training budget and great career opportunities (but really). The team is still small, so a lot is possible!
- Lots of fun extras with the whole team such as Friday afternoon drinks, monthly activities, trips and don't forget creative Friday!
- Opportunity to travel and work from our Brno office occasionally.
Is it you?
- Top working and thinking level and an eye for quality;
- You like to write robust, high-quality code that makes our platform cool, reliable and scalable;
- You are eager to learn and grow;
- You have at least 4 years of experience in an Agile development environment;
- Other technical languages are of course a plus, but not required;
- You live in within travel distance of Rotterdam;
- You understand the English language. Don´t worry if you can´t speak Dutch, our team is international.
At Level.works you work in a pleasant and comfortable environment where we believe that technical skills, a critical view and product mindset help to prioritize and optimize. You probably have your own ideas about this - we'd love to hear them too!
After reading this challenge, do you believe that you are the right candidate for this role as Backend Developer? Contact us.
Something looks off?