HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest mid-term rental platform. With Kamernet and Studapart under its umbrella, it represents three fast-growing brands with over 30 million yearly unique visitors combined, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants securing their new homes, based on the 2022 performance. HousingAnywhere serves young professionals and students, primarily aged between 18 and 35, connecting them with accommodation providers. Through its advanced technology platform, tenants rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months outside of their country of origin. Headquartered in Rotterdam, HousingAnywhere operates in most European cities and recently expanded to key cities in the US, establishing a presence in over 125 cities. Driven by the mission to enable people to live wherever and however they choose, thanks to a flexible renting experience, the technology scale-up employs 340 professionals globally.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
- We are Enablers
- We are Changemakers
- We are Connectors
Our HR & Recruitment department consists of 7 team members who focus on HR, Recruitment and Office Management areas. We work closely with each other, in order to make the team member's journey from recruitment to HR and through the lifecycle as great as we can, providing an incredible experience!
Your role & impact
As an HR team member it is your responsibility to facilitate a solid service to our team members & managers in order for them to make the most out of working at HousingAnywhere and enable them to focus on performing their role effectively.
For HR this starts at the onboarding stage. You make sure new team members are relocated (if needed), welcomed during onboarding week with the needed equipment and great onboarding sessions to make sure they integrate in HousingAnywhere seamlessly. You own the onboarding process from applying for the VISA & 30% ruling, to making sure the laptop is ordered until the presentations that we provide.
During the team member life cycle you take cake of the administrative and organisational execution of benefits, events and processes like. Benefits that we administer are pension, gym memberships, bonuses etc. These are integrated within the processes that we own and organise like payroll, relocation, hybrid working, long-term absence case, performance management.
Event management & organisation is also a great addition to your responsibilities. You are able to organise (with guidance) a monthly event for our team members, you creatively make our monthly newsletter and present our Friday Beers & Cheers. Once a year you help the HR team to organise the all-hands event, for which we fly our remote team members to Rotterdam.
But when people leave our team, you are also able to execute on an exit interview and know all steps to take when offboarding a team member.
The role available is very hands on and diverse. It covers the entire scope of HR responsibilities and is therefore unique. Practically this means you are always up to date when it comes to employment laws (especially Dutch employment laws), you are able to work independently most of the time, but will need some advice on specific actions and you have a solid understanding of all HR processes within an organisation.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- At least 5 years of experience in HR function in the Netherlands. Work experience in an international environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Dutch employment/immigration laws and regulations as well as basic GDPR knowledge is a must.
- You have a proactive and hands-on mentality to take on last-minute tasks and support colleagues in urgent situations.
- You have excellent attention to detail to ensure that all internal processes and procedures are executed accurately and efficiently.
- You have strong organisational and administrative skills to manage and prioritise multiple tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
- You have strong communication skills and an excellent customer-focused mindset for internal and external stakeholders, especially people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues towards shared goals.
- You have a growth mindset; you embrace challenges and are open to feedback in order to grow further into the career path.
- You are proficient in data entry and management and have an (at least) intermediate level of knowledge of HRIS/Google Workspace, with an aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- You have a strong sense of integrity and maintain company/private information confidentiality.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email Alicia at email@example.com.