Senior Analytics Engineer
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest mid-term rental platform. With Kamernet and Studapart under its umbrella, it represents three fast-growing brands with over 30 million yearly unique visitors combined, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants securing their new homes, based on the 2022 performance. HousingAnywhere serves young professionals and students, primarily aged between 18 and 35, connecting them with accommodation providers. Through its advanced technology platform, tenants rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months outside of their country of origin. Headquartered in Rotterdam, HousingAnywhere operates in most European cities and recently expanded to key cities in the US, establishing a presence in over 125 cities. Driven by the mission to enable people to live wherever and however they choose, thanks to a flexible renting experience, the technology scale-up employs 340 professionals globally.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
- We are Enablers
- We are Changemakers
- We are Connectors
This role will be part of the Analytics Engineering team, which is part of the Data Science & Engineering organisation. This organisation also consists of Data Engineering and Data Science teams. The Analytics Engineering team has the mandate to democratise access to insights by building Data Models in our Enterprise Data Warehouse.
At HousingAnywhere, our data warehouse is powered by Snowflake. Our data pipelines are built using Stitch and dbt cloud and Airflow. We use Rudderstack as our preferred CDP. We use Tableau as our Visualization tool and Mixpanel for Product Analytics.
Your role & Impact
Analytics Engineers are responsible for translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
- Partner with our business stakeholders, BI analysts and other engineering team members to collect data needs - and translate this into functioning pipelines and data models
- Build, and maintain efficient & reliable data models and pipelines for both external and internal data in partnership with data engineering
- Perform root cause analysis in case of issues in data production processes
- Ensure our colleagues are able to optimally use the data models via documentation, training, and monitoring of best practices
- 5 years of experience in building data marts/data models and performing adhoc analysis on large datasets
- Strong knowledge in SQL, Data Modelling
- Experience working with dbt is highly desirable
- Good business modelling skills to transform stakeholders requirements into an actual data model.
- Software engineering experience in a programming language, preferably in Python.
- Experience using code repositories is highly desirable.
- Experience using a data visualisation tool is a plus.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email