Head of Commercial Analytics
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest mid-term rental platform. With Kamernet and Studapart under its umbrella, it represents three fast-growing brands with over 30 million yearly unique visitors combined, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants securing their new homes, based on the 2022 performance. HousingAnywhere serves young professionals and students, primarily aged between 18 and 35, connecting them with accommodation providers. Through its advanced technology platform, tenants rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months outside of their country of origin. Headquartered in Rotterdam, HousingAnywhere operates in most European cities and recently expanded to key cities in the US, establishing a presence in over 125 cities. Driven by the mission to enable people to live wherever and however they choose, thanks to a flexible renting experience, the technology scale-up employs 340 professionals globally.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
- We are Enablers
- We are Changemakers
- We are Connectors
About the role
We are looking for an experienced analytics leader to take commercial analytics and BI to the next level. You and your team will work closely with the commercial leadership team to define commercial strategy, closely track marketplace performance, and empower functional leaders with data-driven recommendations and reporting to ensure we focus on the right priorities to deliver growth.
Reporting directly to the COO, you will lead a team of 5 experienced data analysts and BI experts, and partner closely with our the Data- and Analytics Engineering team to evolve the data model powering all analytics and BI reporting.
In this pivotal role, you will be a key partner to the executive team on company strategy, business planning, and high priority data requests related to investments and M&A.
- Lead the Analytics and BI team focused on HousingAnywhere and Kamernet
- Recruit, develop and coach the team of Analysts and BI experts
- Define the team's mission, strategy, objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Foster a data-driven culture across the organisation by democratising access to data and insights, and promoting data literacy.
- Support commercial strategy and planning through thorough understanding of our market, customers, and the competitive landscape
- Develop a deep understanding of the growth drivers of our marketplace and develop actionable reporting and recommendations to deliver growth.
- Define and monitor input and outcome metrics to measure commercial team performance
- Support executive management team on company strategy, business planning, management reporting, and high priority data and analytics needs i.e. investment due diligence.
- Collaborate with the Data- and Analytics Engineering team to define and deliver a comprehensive data strategy; ensuring strong alignment, collaboration, and clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Own the definition and governance of business metrics, and work with data- and analytics engineers to implement the data model powering analysis and reporting.
- At least 6 years of experience in business analytics or strategic consultancy with at least 2+ years managing people
- Excellent business sense and strategic problem solving skill
- Comfortable working with senior leadership; rigorously prioritising the work of the team to ensure maximum impact
- Ability to influence strategy and drive organisational change
- Attention to detail and grit to deliver complex projects from start to finish
- Strong knowledge of SQL and extensive experience with Tableau (or Metabase, Looker, etc.) for data modelling, visualisation and reporting
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language used for data analysis (Python, R)
- Working knowledge of data modelling principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging data to develop insights and recommendations to deliver business impact
- Great communication and teamwork skills
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance (if applicable).
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email