Lead BI Analyst
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
At the moment, the Data Analytics team comprises 4 BI Analysts and 3 Data Analysts. We work closely with all the departments in enabling data driven decision making. We report into Director of Data Analytics
Your role & Impact
As a Lead BI Analyst, you will be the expert in the BI team mentoring the BI Analysts and working closely with the Data Analysts to deliver dashboards and reports that enable actionable insights. You will work with the Data Engineering team to ensure the data is captured in the best way possible to build these dashboards. Your role will also focus on working with the key stakeholders in the business to help make decisions using data and presenting them in an easily understandable format.
- Responsible and accountable for the reporting of business KPIs and metrics which consists of automated data dashboards, reports, alerts, and simulation tools.
- Development and support of an enterprise wide self service Business Intelligence platform in a collaborative relationship with key business representatives across the enterprise
- Build a scalable BI Architecture to help drive self service BI and Analytics
- Democratise the use of data along with other data stakeholders in the organisation; Provide necessary recommendations and knowledge in this area to the stakeholders
- Responsible for evangelising the dashboards and reports usage within the organisation and ensuring maximum availability and usability of reports
- Translate business questions into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with analytical reports.
- Guide and mentor the Business Intelligence team developing analytical applications using Tableau, Snowflake, and Google Cloud Platform
- Deliver data-driven recommendations & insights and ensure actionability upon them
- Be the champion for the usage of the BI tools and dashboards in the organisation
- Oversee the optimal usage of the BI tools and assess need for upgrades, allocation of resources etc.
- Support the other members in the team with your BI and Visualization expertise.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Analytics and BI.
- Understanding of data infrastructure components and relationships with visualisation tools.
- Expert in Tableau (preferably)
- Must have programming experience: Advanced SQL
Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Having a python skill is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or a similar discipline with an analytical focus.
- A curious and investigative mind with lots of questions to ask.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with the highest level of accuracy.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance (if applicable).
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org