Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
The product development team at HousingAnywhere is organised in Product Engineering, Platform Engineering and Data Science and Engineering. The Cloud Infrastructure team is part of the Platform Engineering team. The mission of the Platform Engineering teams is to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Product Engineering teams. The Cloud Infrastructure team contributes to this mission by providing a secure, scalable and reliable infrastructure to support the product needs. The cloud infrastructure team does so by empowering the product teams to build and manage their workloads via an easy-to-use internal developer platform.
At the Backend we mostly use Go, Postgres and Redis. At the Frontend we use React, Typescript, NodeJs.
Our infrastructure runs on GCP, and are heavy users of Kubernetes.
Our Architecture is a distributed architecture with several “Modular Monoliths”.
We practise DevOps, Continuous Engineering, Domain Driven Design and Contract Driven Development.
Your role and Impact:
You will contribute to the evolution and maintenance of various infrastructure systems and components. You will support the systems and services owned by your team and strive to improve the developer experience for these.
You will be expected to lead initiatives and development efforts on developer tooling and platforms. You will build golden paths and self-serve APIs that empower the product teams to fully own the operations of their services.
You contribute to the growth of HousingAnywhere by reducing complexity that the product teams have to deal with and empower them to own and operate their services with ease. You enable them to deliver value and innovation fast by reducing friction between product and platform concerns and letting them focus on the evolution of the product.
Who we look for:
The type of profile that could excel in the role typically has around 5 years of relevant experience in managing infrastructure for complex distributed systems at scale. 3 years of previous experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) is desirable. We use GCP so we expect a willingness to learn it if it isn’t the Cloud provider in your toolbelt.
Your Responsibilities 🚀
- Build tools on top of our Infrastructure platform, with great Developer Experience and simple to use by our product teams.
- Apply Platform Engieering principles and SRE practices, and advocate for them.
- Facilitate product teams and enable them to deploy and operate their services.
- Take care of quality standards of availability, performance, security and data privacy, monitor them, and include them when designing and refining new solutions.
- Contribute to the Cloud Infrastructure strategy on GCP, to achieve our technical goals and improve our cloud infrastructure KPIs.
- Ensure the services that the organisation manages are healthy, secure and operational, through monitoring and SREs principles
- Find, review and communicate about security threats to non-technical stakeholders and propose a plan of approach when needed.
- Maintain and evolve our secure foundation on GCP and our cloud infrastructure and GitOps setup.
- Manage and maintain our Kubernetes clusters architecture, and execute on our Cloud Native strategy.
- Implement features in our GitOps and Infrastructure as Code setup, maintain CI/CD pipelines used by our teams.
- Provide technical support and manage incidents when needed.
What's in it for you?
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support if applicable & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org