HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
About the role
We are looking for a product designer to join our Marketplace team. Rental marketplace is a core of our product, connecting private landlords and rental management companies to people who are looking for mid-term accommodation. Beneath our straightforward interfaces lie complex systems that guarantee the efficiency of daily operations of our business customers and their tenants. In products for these users, every detail matters.
You will help us deliver a better experience for the landlords and property managers who operate with multiple rental properties and listings. As a part of the product team focused on landlord experience, you will research, analyse, and design the property management tools, delivering functional and aesthetic interfaces for desktop and mobile devices. We expect you to have a strong eye for detail and a thorough systems-thinking mindset. You’ll also be keen on working in an agile environment with short, fast-paced design iterations followed by validating your solutions with the users.
- Take responsibility for the entire design process in your team, from initial research, ideation, conceptualization and design, to testing and validation.
- Own and drive the UX metrics for your team. Be conscious of how your design solutions impact the user experience outcomes for the users.
- Deeply understand user needs. Support the team with user research and lead with user-centric design by absorbing customer feedback and insights received across all channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities for UX improvements in your domain, working in close collaboration with product owners, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a high-quality and consistent user experience and visual language for HousingAnywhere products.
- Communicate product design ideas to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- At least 5 years of experience in the UX design field, including 3 years of experience working within a product company.
- Experience in research-led product development combined with a proactive attitude.
- Experience contributing to the development of a design system for a product and constantly keeping the design system updated.
- Great understanding of both business needs and tech constraints and reflecting this in your design.
- Skilled in conceptual and detailed design, visualizing complex ideas into a coherent flow and transforming it into elegant visual interfaces.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email