Internship | Business Developer (Hungary)
About HousingAnywhere 🏡
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Our Mission 🌏
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
The team 👋🏻
You will be joining the Sales & Supply department which consists of 60 team members. In the Sales & Supply Team we focus on growing inventory and revenue by giving you full ownership of your local markets. We work collaboratively on delivering the strategic outcomes for sustainable growth. We hold regular team building events to connect our people together.
Your role & impact 💥
As our new Business Developer you will play a key role in the Hungarian market. Your responsibilities will be:
- The main responsibility of this internship is to cold call landlords and business providers to schedule acquisition meetings for the Account Manager and to get them to sign up on HousingAnywhere.
- You will be in charge of finding new leads through our current lead generation channels and identifying new channels and practices.
- You will be responsible for acquiring new customers in order to build your own portfolio of customers and properties.
- You will also need to perform meetings with your potential customers (landlords) to close the deal and upsell. Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over video-calls.
- You will also have other (supporting) tasks such as supporting customers when using our platform, collecting feedback, listing creation and optimization of the current inventory or performing translations.
Your profile 👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽
- You speak English on an above-average level and Hungarian on a native level.
- You have strong communication skills and you are not afraid to pick up the phone and convince potential customers. You have a strong appetite for sales.
- You consider yourself results-driven and eager to learn.
- You are a student or recent graduate in the area of Economics, Business, Marketing or a related study and have a great interest in sales.
- You are available on a full-time basis for 6 months.
What's in it for you? 📈
- An exciting and full-time internship in an international start-up environment for your (first) professional experience.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and make an impact on the business.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 260+ people from 47+ different nationalities.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, and fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop.
- Commuting costs covered for travelling between the office and your home address.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: May/June 2023
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- 6 months internship
- The internship allowance is €700 per month
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.
Something looks off?