HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
You will be part of the Business Finance team and work closely with the Senior accountant to ensure timely and quality deliverables. The team consists of 10 people.
Your role & Impact
Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial data and reconciliation for reporting and tax filing.
- Take full ownership of AP operations, including (but not limited to) creditor management, invoice processing, bank/credit card reconciliation, cash disbursement and process improvement.
- Ensure correct VAT recording, able to review and consolidate VAT for all entities and make preparation for quarter VAT filing
- Be the main contact for supplier and other teams regarding invoices and payments
- Assist in month-end procedures such as accruals, depreciations and balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist in team-level projects
- 1- 2 years proven experience as a junior accountant or a similar role
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Excellent organising abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Google Workspace (or MS Office) and familiarity with relevant ERP software
- Qualifications in progress (RA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.
Something looks off?