Senior Backend Software Engineer - Payments
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
At the Backend we mostly use Go, Postgres and Redis. At the Frontend we use React, Typescript, NodeJs.
Our infrastructure runs on GCP, and we are heavy users of Kubernetes.
Our Architecture is a distributed architecture with several “Modular Monoliths”.
We practise DevOps, Continuous Engineering, Domain Driven Design and Contract Driven Development.
Your Role and Impact
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the rental housing industry while embodying our values of innovation, collaboration, customer-centricity, transparency and ownership. Payments team is a diverse and dynamic team focused on providing value to the customer experience of HousingAnywhere. As a team, we are driven and creative to improve the payment domains and services to make the transactions and processes smooth in the product and provide the best payment experience for the customer. Payments team consists of eleven members, including an engineering manager, a product manager, a UX designer , a product owner, frontend engineers and backend engineers.
- You understand that your day-to-day job will involve developing and maintaining features using Go programming language
- Collaborates with the product teams to build solutions that are scalable, observable, and reusable
- You are expected to draft the technical specifications for the projects you are responsible for and own the end-to-end delivery of the same.
- provides guidance and support to the team members, mentor them, and ensure that the software they produce meets the technical standards and requirements of the project.
- Typically more than 5 years of software development experience building distributed systems
- Background focused in backend engineering
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) is a great strength
- You have experience in designing and building simple Restful API used by many different teams/developers
- Experience with GRPC, Protobuf is a strong advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a strong advantage
- Experience with DDD, Event-Driven architecture is a strong advantage
- You have built simple distributed systems in the past and are willing to solve complex distributed problems.
- Interested in new technologies and you continuously seek to improve yourself and others.
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email
There are moreHousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Something looks off?