VP of Product
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
Your role and the Team:
As the VP of Product at HousingAnywhere, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction to the Product team. You will play a key role in shaping and executing the company's product vision, strategy, and roadmap to drive business growth and deliver value to our users. You will be working in a fast-paced, high-growth international environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to create innovative and user-centric products.
In this role, you will be leading the Product team, currently consisting of a team of 10 Product professionals. Together with Engineering and UX, the total Product Development team has 90 team members. You will be responsible for the HousingAnywhere and Kamernet products.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the Product Management and Design teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Attract and retain a team of high-quality professionals. Actively provide feedback, mentor and grow your direct reports.
- Develop and execute a clear product vision and strategy aligned with the company's overall goals and objectives, taking into consideration user needs, market trends, and business priorities.
- Drive product roadmap planning, prioritisation, and execution, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively, and deadlines are met.
- Define and measure product KPIs and metrics, and use data-driven insights to inform product decisions and optimise product performance.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, including Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support, to ensure seamless product delivery and launch.
- Foster a culture of customer-centricity, ensuring that user feedback is collected, analysed, and incorporated into the product development processes.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in product management and design, and drive innovation and continuous improvement within the team.
Who we look for
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Product roles, of which at least 3 years in Product Leadership roles, ideally within a customer-facing tech scale-up or marketplace.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data and insights into actionable product strategies and decisions.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully creating and executing product vision, strategy, and roadmaps.
- Experience in leading and mentoring cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work culture.
- Strong understanding of product management and design principles, processes, and methodologies.
- Keen eye for detail and a bias to focus on the critical issues at hand.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify market opportunities, anticipate industry trends, and develop long-term product visions aligned with the company's overall strategy.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, with a track record of driving business growth through innovative product strategies and solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
What’s in it for you
- Diverse international community (46+ nationalities).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Unlimited paid holidays, minimum-based not maximum.
- 1,000 EUR personal development budget.
- Complete coverage for commuting.
- Personal equipment, including laptop and ergonomic setup.
- Relocation support & 30% ruling application assistance.
- Gym membership discount with GoVital or OneFit.
- Variable pension scheme.
- Competitive cash compensation and equity as part of your total compensation package.
- Dutch/English classes budget.
- Fun team-building and after-work drinks every Friday.
If you have further questions, please email
Something looks off?