Internship | Customer Care Agent (German speaking)
About HousingAnywhere 🏡
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 30 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 100,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2022 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
Our Mission 🌏
Rent Easy, Live Free.
We are empowering people to live wherever and however they choose. To find comfort and peace of mind on the other side of the world or the other side of town. All while feeling confident and totally at ease, whatever their adventure might involve. We are doing it by creating a new standard of renting. Safe. Harmonious. More options. Less hassle. With the help of our trusted networks of landlords and partners.
You will be joining the Customer Care Department, where the team is the face of our business and responsible for all communications with our customers. The team handles communications in 6 languages and it has a very diverse background with over 8 different nationalities. As a team we strive to provide accurate and efficient solutions to our customers enquiries. Success in this role will be based on your contribution to the team achieving a response time below 10 minutes, answering more than 90% of phone calls, and taking action to improve these, or other areas of the team responsibility.
Your Role and Impact 🚀
- To assist users of HousingAnywhere with their enquiries via phone, chat and email. You will provide friendly and timely service in identifying our users needs and resolving these whilst also documenting the outcomes delivered.
- Proactively participate in continuous learning of the platform and customer requests/insights through feedback collection, self-study, training, experience, discussion, research and sharing of best practice to report potential improvements.
- You will identify gaps in knowledge and provide content for our internal and external knowledge bases to ensure all users and colleagues have the most up to date information in using HousingAnywhere
- You will participate in user research to identify, design and implement improvements that lead to an enhanced user experience.
- You will monitor and respond to customer feedback shared on other platforms about HousingAnywhere
- You will monitor and manage flagged reviews of users of HousingAnywhere
- Provide input to decisions in product, sales and marketing through your collection, recording and knowledge of user feedback and enquiries
- Go the extra mile to engage customers and support them with a great experience!
- Perform activities to identify and remove any users not adhering to our terms and conditions, or do not meet the quality required on HousingAnywhere.
- There may be other activities assigned, or projects that you will participate in to help the Customer Care Team achieve its goals.
Your profile 👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽
- You speak English on an above-average level and German on a native level.
- You are a student or recent graduate in the area of Foreign Languages, Business, Communications or a related study and have a great interest in effective communication.
- You are someone who can work equally well within a team and independently. You take initiative and will go the extra mile to achieve your targets.
- You have the ability to structure your work following the team’s checklists and develop your own to-do lists.
- You are persistent, which is a central characteristic of our team. In HousingAnywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- You are someone capable of taking on new challenges. You are energetic, optimistic and imaginative!
- As a plus: you have already performed similar tasks before at least for several months.
- You are available on a full-time basis for at least 6 months.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- An exciting and full-time internship in an international start-up environment for your (first) professional experience.
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and make an impact on the business.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 260+ people from 47+ different nationalities.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, and fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop
- Commuting costs covered for travelling between the office and your home address.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- You can participate in our Beer & Cheers to get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- Starting: June/July 2023
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- 6 month internship
- The internship allowance is €700 per month
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you have further questions, please email Iris at email@example.com.
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere!
Something looks off?