Interim Software Architect
Interim Software Architect
At Gradyent we're looking for a Interim Software Architect to join our team.
Providing heating and cooling for homes, buildings and industry accounts for roughly 50% of global energy consumption. Smart production, exchange and consumption of heat in heating grids is the most significant opportunity for cities and industries to decarbonise. Yet, as heating grids transform towards renewables, they become increasingly complex and require a new approach to control and design.
Gradyent is a leading software provider that helps cities and heavy industry decarbonise faster by digitising, optimising, and transforming their heat networks with our Digital Twin.
What you will do
As an interim software architect, you will be responsible for overseeing and improving the architecture of our software product. You will do that on a part-time (freelance) basis with the aim to provide an expert opinion on the current state and improvements of our architecture. The main focus would be our data infrastructure for our Digital Twin, but the scope can be extended to interfaces between different parts of our product (e.g. between the application and our digital twin), and the main interfaces within parts of our product (e.g. interfaces within the application or within the digital twin). You will start with analysing the current architecture against the product roadmap, and then gradually help shape our goal architecture. The main deliverables are a gap-analysis and where possible an actionable roadmap.
As an interim software architect, you will kickstart the responsibilities of a future architect role, including:
- Analyse the current architecture and test it against our product roadmap
- Lead the creation of a goal architecture for our software and data architecture, this includes high level decisions about tooling and (managed) services
- Work together with the product team-leads, principal engineers and Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Work on a gap-analysis and architecture roadmap to grow towards the goal architecture, keeping in mind the best cost-to-value ratio and minimization of risks
- Work together with the product core group to test and align the architecture against the product strategy and overall product roadmap
- Help translate the roadmap to actionable plans for the development teams
What you bring
Our ideal interim software architect would bring:
- A talent for software architecture and knowledge of domain driven design
- Experience with one-or-more (growing) Software as a Service (SaaS) companies
- Experience with machine learning (train-predict-retrain) or digital twins is a plus
- A wide knowledge of software architecture, data infrastructure, security, and cloud
- Able to think of the best improvements for an existing software product
- Able to translate business requirements into a solid software architecture
- Able to create tangible roadmaps with incremental steps that deliver value as we implement
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Able to work in a young and dynamic environment
- 5-10 years as a software engineer and/or 2+ years as a software architect
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Gradyent, we support a growth mindset for our teams through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
What We Offer
- A very ambitious scale-up: raised Series A from an international consortium of investors in the sustainable energy industry, on the path to series B.
- The opportunity to grow quickly in a dynamic entrepreneurial team.
- The chance to have a direct impact on sustainability and energy transition.
- An international, inspiring environment of brilliant, fun, creative professionals. A fast, dynamic and high-performance culture open to new ideas and full of learning opportunities.
- A competitive salary with a variable incentive (SAR) on top.
- An excellent benefits package and fantastic team events.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Interim Software Architect? Then we'd love to hear about you!