Help transform heating networks with our powerful Digital Twin
Junior Cloud Engineer Digital Twin
Help us build and support the infrastructure of
our AI scale-up that improves sustainability in energy.
NOTE: This position is only open to those permitted to work in the Netherlands.
Who we are
A quarter of all energy in the world is consumed to heat buildings. District heating is the most significant opportunity for cities to decarbonise. Gradyent is on a mission to help cities to decarbonise faster by digitising district heating systems with our digital twin: a SaaS platform that simulates and modulates the heating system of our clients. Backed by a group of top investors, we are scaling the platform globally.
We currently have a team of 60+ people and offices in Rotterdam (the Netherlands), Germany and Hungary. Our team combines energy specialists, AI, developers, data scientists, commercial people, and top-tier consulting alums. We are expanding quickly and looking for a Cloud Engineer in the Netherlands to help us scale our SaaS platform across Europe.
What we do
We offer a SaaS solution to create digital twins of heating systems. Our platform, powered by engineer, AI and analytics, optimises heating systems from heat sources to customers. We are transforming these grids by reducing CO2 and optimising its operations regarding temperatures, pressures, source dispatch and other metrics. These AI solutions minimise energy usage, CO2 emissions and operating costs while maintaining the proper end-user service levels.
What you will do
You will get mentorship from our senior cloud engineer to grow in the areas where you are interested in.
As junior Cloud Engineer, you will use a diverse set of tooling and skills to maintain, fix and extend our cloud infrastructure. You will be part of the digital twin team and together with our existing cloud engineer you are responsible for building tooling for hosting compute power, CICD pipelines and several other required pieces of infrastructure. You make sure the rest of the team can do their work, has access to the stuff they need and in case of issues you adequately resolve any issue that is in your domain.
The current landscape of our cloud-based platform is highly complex. You will be in close contact with our CTO, enterprise Architect and (hybrid) members of the Application (12 FTE) and Digital Twin Team (15 FTE) to further improve the modern architecture, security, and scalability of the platform to improve efficiency and speed while maintaining stability and functionality. The Application team host their own infrastructure and you will closely collaborate with their cloud engineer to ensure good compatibility and exchange best practices.
This role is the perfect opportunity to make a real impact – not only on our product, but also on global energy sustainability. We have lots of exciting challenges to solve, a modern technology stack with little legacy, open and agile engineering culture where we always let the best idea prevail when it comes to implementation decisions.
What you bring
A minimum of 6 months of experience (work or hobby) working in the Cloud DevOps/Systems administration fields
- Positive mindset and strong drive to fix issues and unblock your teammates
- Not afraid to pick up new tools and technologies to solve the tasks at hand.
- You have definite opinions and are not afraid to voice your point of view while also being able to listen to others.
- You are excited by the challenge of complex technical problems.
- You feel responsible for your work's quality and its impact on others.
Bonus points for
The below list consists of nice-to-have skills/tools/experience but are not hard requirements for this role. A curiosity to gain these is essential though!
- Working knowledge of Azure and GCP landscape.
- Linux command line tooling
Python programming or scripting
Command line interface
Experience with managing or deploying an observability stack or monitoring system
Experience or knowledge of networking concepts
Experience with virtual machines and virtual desktops
What we offer
- An international, human-centric, and inclusive company culture where you can have a direct impact on improving the environment.
- An inspiring environment of brilliant, fun, creative colleagues and a fast and dynamic work environment open to new ideas.
- A competitive salary with a variable incentive (SAR) on top.
- An excellent benefits package including a public transport card and fantastic team events.
- The opportunity to directly impact sustainability and energy transition at a very ambitious scale-up that just raised Series A from an international consortium of investors in the sustainable energy industry.
- Become part of a mission to make the world more sustainable by reducing losses in the most effective and most relevant energy form: heating.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Cloud DevOps Engineer? Then we'd love to hear from you!
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes from professional staffing/recruitment companies.