Solutions Lead - Industry
Solutions Lead - Industry
At Gradyent we're looking for a Solutions Lead - Industry to join our team.
Who we are
A quarter of all energy in the world is consumed to heat industrial processes. The majority of that heat is supplied via very large steam networks, which is the biggest opportunity to decarbonise the industrial sector. Gradyent is on a mission to help industrial clients realise energy efficiency gains and decarbonise faster by digitising steam networks with our Digital Twin platform. Backed by a group of top investors, we are scaling the platform globally.
We currently have a team of 80+ people and offices in Rotterdam (the Netherlands), the Nordics, Baltics, Germany, Poland, and Hungary. Our team combines programmers and energy specialists, data scientists and top-tier consulting alums. We are expanding quickly and looking for a Solutions Lead to help us scale up our initiatives in industrial decarbonization.
What we do
What you will do
In this role, you will report to the COO of Gradyent, a member of the Management Team.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
1. You will lead projects in which we onboard the industrial networks of our clients to our Digital Twin platform.
2. You will take end-to-end responsibility in leading and executing specialised heating and analytics consulting projects, including project management, communication with external stakeholders and leading the internal project team.
In addition to your primary responsibilities, you will also be doing the following:
• You will be working with the largest industrial companies in Europe (and beyond) to support their decarbonisation journey. Establish trusted relationships with our clients through professional interaction, your district heating expertise and the high impact of our work; Engage customer stakeholders in recurring project update meetings and workshops with larger audiences.
• You will utilise our Digital Twin solution to bring actionable insights to the client; Help improve Gradyent’s platform and service offering, representing the voice of the customer as we build new product features as part of our projects.
• You will lead multiple teams of high-calibre data scientists and engineers daily and coordinate the contribution of expert members from other departments within Gradyent. In addition, by using your analytical and problem-solving skills, you will lead data scientists in gathering customer data (sensor data, P&IDs, etc.) and define appropriate types of analysis in python.
• You will make every project a success by planning, managing and communicating proactively, driving each project and respective work packages, managing dependencies and ensuring delivery against deadlines within the allocated team capacity.
• You will support the Sales Team with your technical knowledge of industrial heating networks and play a significant role in the up-sell and cross-sell through our ongoing project work and your trusted client relationships.
• You will develop replicable and scalable methods to improve internal processes as we scale up, for example, by contributing to the recruitment process of our fast-growing team.
What you bring
• 5+ years of experience in energy, engineering and/or analytics in a client-facing role (e.g., in management consulting or otherwise).
• BSc, MSc or higher, with an affinity to technology and analytics. Education in engineering, data analytics, mathematics, econometrics, or computer science provides a decisive edge.
• Solid background in engineering, IT, client management and/or project management is preferred.
• Proactive and pragmatic problem solver with solid client engagement experience.
• Solid experience in effectively leading, collaborating and teaming with multiple teams in different settings.
• Comfortable communicating risks and uncertainties: can ask for help and signal delays early.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and changing scope.
• Fluency in other languages a plus.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Gradyent, we support a growth mindset for our teams through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
What we offer
• A very ambitious scale-up: just raised Series A from an international consortium of investors in the sustainable energy industry.
• The opportunity to directly impact sustainability and the energy transition in a senior role.
• Being part of a mission to make the world more sustainable by reducing losses in heating: the most significant opportunity for industries to decarbonise.
• An environment where you can apply your engineering, AI and coding talent to solve client challenges while being supported by our experienced teams.
• A competitive salary with a variable incentive (SAR) on top.
• An excellent benefits package including a public transport card and fantastic team events.
• A great scale-up dynamic with a high-performance culture while having fun (drinks, offsites, sports events).
• We invest in your personal growth – the team is competent at coaching, mentoring and development, entirely focused on you (and not on completing some rusty HR process).
• Get unique opportunities to shape your path in a fast-growing team.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Solutions Lead - Industry? Then we'd love to hear about you!