Social Media Marketing Intern
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship
Job description – Social Media Marketing Intern
Develop your social media content skills in an entrepreneurial environment!
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship is the leading entrepreneurship centre in Europe. Within Erasmus Center for Entrepreneurship, we carry out a myriad of projects related to education, research, and the ECE Campus. As our Social Media Marketing Intern, you will develop social media content and strategies.
Because we work on various research and education activities, we are often exposed to new opportunities and activities in which we want to disseminate a broader sense of the entrepreneurial mindset. As our digital marketing intern, you will have hands-on experience working with our various partners and internal teams to create communications assets. By interfacing with each team, you will tap into your growth-hacking mindset to disseminate meaningful content highlighting our organisation’s accomplishments and happenings. You will have access to our website and social media data to make recommendations on bringing our entrepreneurial ecosystem to life in the digital landscape. Because we have a flat organisational structure, you often come into contact with other fields within the business community, allowing you to take initiative and responsibilities in areas where you would like to develop. We are happy to allow you to develop yourself and explore other areas beyond digital marketing.
We offer you the following:
- The chance to see your creations come to life;
- The opportunity to develop further in an environment where you can quickly be given a lot of responsibility;
- Freedom for creative expression;
- A young, energetic, and fun team;
- An inspiring working environment in the middle of 100 startups (including VR games, bar, slide, and ping pong table);
- A unique opportunity to expand your network and engage with startups, experienced entrepreneurs, scientists, technologists, innovators and policymakers;
- A competitive internship allowance.
Are you someone who:
- Is studying communications/design/marketing, enrolled with a Dutch university or college and already located in the Netherlands;
- You are hands-on, flexible, and eager to learn the various skills between marketing, communications and design;
- You are creative, understand visual communications, and have a keen eye for storytelling and content creation;
- You have a proven passion for creating content and cultivating viewer engagement and growth, and you are familiar with all social media best practices;
- You are approachable and proactive and have effective communication skills. You know how to involve and activate people as a team player and self-starter;
- You have experience or desire to learn how to create digital content, journalism, or other digital mediums;
- You know your way around social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn;
- You are farmiliar MS Office, WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Canva;
- You have an interest or skills with video editing tools;
- You are social media-savvy and have a knack for picking up social media trends;
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing. Dutch and other languages are not required but an added bonus;
- An advantage: you have an affinity for entrepreneurship and innovation or have worked at an incubator, startup community, or startup facilitator;
Erasmus Center for Entrepreneurship is Europe's leading entrepreneurship centre. Driven by the belief that entrepreneurship is essential for innovation, we strive to weave entrepreneurship into people's DNA. We do not create companies, but we create entrepreneurial talent and use the knowledge and network of Erasmus University Rotterdam, a university founded by entrepreneurs more than 100 years ago.
We use our university's knowledge and network to accelerate innovation through entrepreneurship. We do this through research and education for startups and organisations, including ING, Eneco and PostNL. All of these activities happen on the ECE Campus in the Rotterdam Science Tower amid 100 startups.
At Erasmus Center for Entrepreneurship, we seek talented people who want to be involved in entrepreneurship and innovation. As an employee within the organisation, you will become acquainted with the many aspects of entrepreneurship quickly and have the opportunity to work on various projects. We work with a young, driven team, and an excellent working atmosphere is paramount.
Does the vacancy sound like music to you? To be considered we ask that you send your motivation for this position, CV and other supporting materials to Mersiha Kisevic via email@example.com. Applications that are submitted through LinkedIn will only be considered with a supplemental email containing the remaining documents.
The deadline is January 31, 2024. Feel free to send an email if you have any questions about this vacancy.
See you soon!