Social Media Specialist
What if you could help millions of people use a tool that has a real impact on their everyday life? That’s the opportunity with Envision’s small but passionate team. We empower people who are blind or have low vision to access everyday visual information for themselves. Because it isn’t just information. It’s knowledge, independence, and possibility.
Envision products articulate visual information into speech. The Envision App is free for everyone — It uses your smartphone’s camera to speak out written information, describes surroundings and objects, and even tells you who’s nearby. Excelling in all kinds of text and object recognition, Envision can read the text in over 60 languages. Be it handwritten notes, text on food packages, or the pages of an entire book.
Our Envision Glasses meanwhile brings our award-winning software to smart glasses, enabling the unprecedented experience of unobtrusive access to the visual world. With features ranging from real-time text recognition, to voice controls and even hands-free video calling, Envision Glasses open the door for the future of wearable assistive technology.
As our Social Media Specialist you will shape Envision’s online voice and improve the content and engagement while maintaining an eye to accessibility. Together with the creative team you will deliver outstanding and stunning content for our social media platforms.
- Research potential social channels internationally.
- Create and localize content for our website, app assets and blog.
- Shape the online voice of Envision.
- Find, curate and create content.
You might be a good fit if...
- You're living in the Netherlands.
- You're a social shark.
- You love interacting with people.
- Social media comes naturally to you.
- You are good with words.
- You're organised, take initiatives and don't wait around for instruction.
- You're comfortable reaching out to people online and offline.
- Currently studying: Bachelor/Master in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications/PR, Interactive Media, Journalism, or a related discipline.
What we will offer:
- Be part of a diverse, award-winning team: we are a team of 15 (and growing!) diverse dreamers, doers and tinkerers based at The Hague Tech in The Hague, the Netherlands. Outside of work, we love to have deep discussions about food, tech and everything under the sun. We won the Google Play Award 2019 for the Best Accessibility Experience, won the Computable award and were nominated for AppleVis Hall of Fame 2019.
- Have a global impact at scale: we are a young company, but we have a global impact. We have users in 200+ countries and we aim to be as inclusive as possible.
- Sell products that people love, that solves real problems: our greatest source of inspiration and motivation are our users who love our products which truly enable them to be independent in their everyday lives. We are pioneering real-life applications of technologies like AI for good.
- Gain new skills fast: because we are a close-knit team of domain masters, we are always learning from each other in order to work more synchronously. Your mind, abilities, and product sense will expand every day.
How to Apply
- This role's title in your subject line, it'll help us to sort through the emails.
- Send your resume and any links that best showcase relevant projects you have built and done. For instance, your portfolio, LinkedIn, Github or writing samples.
- Keep it short and sweet.
How to Apply
Sounds like a good fit for you?
We have a short form to fill out for you. The form will request some basic information about you and will consist of a short simple test.
Please fill out this form to apply : https://forms.gle/ev3pco7fJGkoxvc29
Something looks off?