What if you could help millions of people use a tool that has a real impact on their everyday life? That’s the opportunity with Envision’s small but passionate team. We empower people who are blind or have low vision to access everyday visual information for themselves. Because it isn’t just information. It’s knowledge, independence, and possibility.
Envision products articulate visual information into speech. The Envision App is free for everyone — It uses your smartphone’s camera to speak out written information, describes surroundings and objects, and even tells you who’s nearby. Excelling in all kinds of text and object recognition, Envision can read the text in over 60 languages. Be it handwritten notes, text on food packages, or the pages of an entire book.
Our Envision Glasses meanwhile brings our award-winning software to smart glasses, enabling the unprecedented experience of unobtrusive access to the visual world. With features ranging from real-time text recognition, to voice controls and even hands-free video calling, Envision Glasses open the door for the future of wearable assistive technology.
Our Envision app and glasses are growing bigger and bigger by the day. Which means we now have the ability to impact so many more, if we build our tools the right way. We are looking for teammates who will join us on this journey to code, to build, to impact and have fun while doing it.
What you will do:
- Join the Android team in shaping the future of the Envision Android app and Glasses.
- Polish existing features of the Android app Glasses and work towards further improving the performance and reliability of the app.
- Help improve overall team productivity by setting up refactoring sprints, improving test coverage or building other internal systems.
What we are looking for
- You're well versed with Kotlin and have experience writing production scale apps with Java.
- You have 2-4 years experience with the Android platform.
- You've worked in the past with Android Studio's performance monitoring tools. Android NDK is a plus.
- Sound Android architecture knowledge and experience using Android architecture components.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where speed, flexibility and experimentation are part of the day-to-day.
- You're someone who can manage your work and time independently.
- Bonus: if you've built Android app(s) end to end that are live on the Play Store.
What we will offer:
- Be part of a diverse, award-winning team: we are a team of 14 (and growing!) diverse dreamers, doers and tinkerers based at The Hague Tech in The Hague, the Netherlands. Outside of work, we love to have deep discussions about food, tech and everything under the sun. We won the Google Play Award 2019 for the Best Accessibility Experience, won the Computable award and were nominated for AppleVis Hall of Fame 2019.
- Have a global impact at scale: we are a young company, but we have a global impact. We have users in 200+ countries and we aim to be as inclusive as possible.
- Sell products that people love, that solves real problems: our greatest source of inspiration and motivation are our users who love our products which truly enable them to be independent in their everyday lives. We are pioneering real-life applications of technologies like AI for good.
- Gain new skills fast: because we are a close-knit team of domain masters, we are always learning from each other in order to work more synchronously. Your mind, abilities, and product sense will expand every day.
- We take care of you: competitive compensation package and target-based incentives while covering the cost for travel and relocation if needed!
- 45-minute Screening call
- Round 1: Take home assignment
- Round 2: Dissecting the assignment, pair programming code reading
- Call to discuss the offer
- Joining the team 🎉
How to Apply
- This role's title in your subject line, it'll help us to sort through the emails.
- Send your resume and any links that best showcase relevant projects you have built and done. For instance, your portfolio, LinkedIn, Github or writing samples.
- Keep it short and sweet.
How to Apply
Sounds like a good fit for you?
We have a short form to fill out for you. The form will request some basic information about you and will consist of a short simple test.
Please fill out this form to apply : https://forms.gle/ev3pco7fJGkoxvc29
Something looks off?