Dawn Aerospace is looking for an exceptional Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) Engineer with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the AIT of Dawn's satellite propulsion systems ranging from CubeSat up to 1-tonne class. Utilizing Dawn's high-performance green propellant architecture, all systems are assembled, integrated and tested in house. Travel to customer facilities for integration and support should be expected.
- Assembly, integration and test activities of satellite propulsion systems.
- Writing of AIT documentation like integration procedures, test procedures and test reports.
- Procurement of necessary equipment and subsequent quality control and acceptance testing of incoming goods.
- Manage in-house and external manufacturing.
- Work with System Design Engineers to ensure all production data is accurate and complete.
- Schedule and communicate production activities.
- Customer handover/delivery.
- 2+ years experience in hands-on AIT activities on highly complex systems, like semiconductor equipment, satellites, astronomy equipment, flight simulators, aircraft maintenance, or similar.
- Proven oral and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and engineering professionals.
- Capable of working effectively in collaborative team environments and by yourself.
- The ability to adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Working with a quality management system that meets ISO9001.
- Production process development experience (e.g. Lean/6 sigma).
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Something looks off?