VFX Artist (Freelance)
Codeglue is looking for a talented Freelance VFX Artist
Codeglue is looking for a creative, detail-oriented and VFX artist for an upcoming project. The duration of the project will be approximately 4 months, we’re looking mainly for Freelance people at the moment.
As a VFX artist you have the responsibility to create optimized game ready VFX systems for a multitude of projects with different game engines. These can range from particle systems to shaders, from background effects to gameplay and UI effects. You will be working in close collaboration with our art team as well as external developers. You are proactive, quick thinking and can pick up tasks with ease. Naturally we also encourage learning new software and methods when you are onboard.
- Strong communication and team working skills, to be able to liaise effectively with other members of the wider team and clients
- Self-motivation and the ability to work proactively and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure work is completed to a high standard and in line with the desired style
- Understanding of both tech and art. Is able to make refined VFX and shader systems in a variety of game engines
- Able to quickly adapt to proprietary software
- Being able to storyboard and iterate VFX to communicate a proposed final delivery
- Must understand the performance impact of the VFX they create
- A knowledge of, and passion for, games and the games industry
- Passionate about games
- You are a team player
- Proactive attitude with a good sense of responsibility
- You understand the different processes and phases of a project and are able to anticipate on them
- Able to work 32 or 40 hours per week
- You live in The Netherlands and you have a EU work permit
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience creating VFX for game engines that don’t have particle systems
- Tech-art/coding skills
- Challenging and fun projects
- A place in a highly motivated, passionate and skilled team
- A positive, friendly and informal work environment
Different kinds of people give different perspectives and we love to see more of them! We believe that our team and the work that we do benefits from not just hiring the person with the most experience but someone that is also a great asset to Codeglue overall.
So we want to motivate everyone (yes you!) to send an application when the requirements apply to you.
Sounds good? Fantastic! To apply, please send your motivational letter, resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.
Something looks off?